Detox My Dear

/
0 Comments


Hello Friends, 

I've been off of my regular routine ever since I got back from Miami, the trip was a success, I got to relax and I was able to walk around confidently in my bikini. My stomach was flat and you could even see the outline of my abdominals. I made sure to eat light before and during the trip, and as soon as I got home, I ate everything in sight. It's been about a week now and it's time to get back on track. 









My workouts have also been lacking, I am having a hard time coming back to light lunches and not getting fully full at the dinner table. I realize all this is normal and somehow my stomach is still flat, so I'm not freaking out yet. But deep deep down inside I know it's time to get back on track eating healthy, and exercising like a crazy man. I have a few events coming up where I need to look slim and trim in order to promote my business.

I decided to detox this week. I'm not a crazy diet/detox girl, I can't just consume liquids all day, not only is it bad for you, I need to eat food on a regular bases. 

I found a few detox recipes to share with all of you. I will be making them throughout the week and enjoying them with a balanced diet. 

Detoxing is a great way to jump start your diet, or get you back on track. 

**Beware of the crazy detox diets, they can damage your body vital systems and make you lethargic with no energy

Instead of being extreme add a few of these detox recipes to your meals this week and see if you feel a difference. 

Detox Soup


1 tbl olive oil
1 clove of garlic
1/2 yellow onion
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets (about 2/3 pounds)
2-1/2 cups water
1/4 tsp each coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup arugula
1/2 lemon

Heat Olive Oil in med non-stick pan over medium heat

Add garlic and onions and saute for a minute until fragrant

Add broccoli and cook for 4 minutes until bright green

Add water, salt, and pepper, bring to a boil, lower heat and cover, cooking for 8 minutes or until broccoli is just tender

Pour the soup in small batches into a blender and puree with arugula until smooth

Serve soup with fresh lemon

***Be careful blending hot liquids, the lid of blender can pop off because of steam pressure

Calories 129, Calories from fat 67, Fat 7.7g, Sat Fat 1.0g, Chol 0mg, Sodium 301mg, Carbs 14.1g, Dietary fibers 4.9g, Sugars 4g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 22%, Vitamin C 238%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%


Detox Tabbouleh


1 large Cauliflower, leaves removed
1-1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes sliced
1-1/2 cups fresh parsley minced
1-1/4 cups finely chopped celery
3/4 cups cilantro minced
2-4 green onions thinly sliced
2 tbls hemp seeds

For Dressing
2 tbls flax seed oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp sea salt

Grate Cauliflower by hand or in food processor, if using food processor make sure not to over process, cauliflower will be watery if over processed

Stir in tomatoes, parsley, celery, cilantro, and green onion into bowl with cauliflower

Whisk together flax seed or extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup, and sea salt in small glass or jar

Pour onto salad and toss to combine

Add salt to taste

Serve immediately or let salad sit in fridge for a few hours to develop more flavor 

Sprinkle with hemp seeds for added protein

Salad will keep for a couple of days in fridge

Cals 191, Cals from fat 87, Total fat 9.7g, Sat Fat 0.8g, sodium 240mg, Carbs 19.8g, Dietary Fibers 8.7g, Sugars 7.4g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A 48%, Vitamin C 219%, Iron 20%, Calcium 11%




Pink Smoothie


1 Cup Coconut water
1/2 medium avocado
2 celery stalks
1 cup strawberries
1 small/medium beet roughly chopped
1 lemon juiced (about 3 tbs)
1 tbs coconut oil
4 large ice cubes
1 apple

Steam beet before starting (or place in microwave to loosen)
Add all ingredients and blend
*If you do not like beets substitute leafy greens

Benefits of Pink Smoothie

  • Beets cleanse the liver, purifies blood, and is a natural anti inflammatory
  • Beets are a good source of iron
  • Avocados help lower blood pressure, lubricates joints, is a natural anti inflammatory, contains healthy fats, and are high in fiber
  • Strawberries are high in antioxidants, rich in Vitamin C, and benefits digestion
  • Celery is a mild diuretic, makes you feel full an dis rich in Vitamin B and fiber
  • Lemon has antibacterial properties, aids in digestion, is high in Vitamin C, detoxifies and alkalizes blood and is a mild diuretic
  • Virgin Coconut oil fights viruses, fungi and bacteria, is a metabolism booster, contains healthy MCT fats, and increases good HDL cholesterol 





Chia Fresca - Natural Energy Drink

2 cups water
1-1/2 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tbs fresh lemon or lime juice
1/2 tbs maple syrup

Add chia sees to water in jar or glass and stir very well to combine

Let sit for 10 minutes to allow seeds to swell

Add lemon and maple syrup to taste

Stir well or shake to combine

Chia seeds will sink to the bottom quickly so give a good stir as needed

**Seeds will get stuck in teeth. 
**Seeds get slightly jelly, it creates a smoothie like texture

Benefits of Chia Seeds

  • Rich in Omega3 Fatty acids
  • Keeps you hydrated
  • Contains Fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc





Detox Herbal Tea



I featured this recipe on my blog this Christmas. I added this detox herbal tea to my Christmas presents and I'm still getting compliments about how well the tea works

Equal parts:
Dandelion Root
Burdock Root
Orange Peel
Hibiscus Flower
Rose Hips
Milk Thistle Seed
Cinnamon Stick

Add equal parts to mason jar and shake

1 tsp makes a cup of tea


Mater Cleanse


1 cup filtered water
1 tbl fresh lemon juice
2 tbl Grade B maple syrup
1/10 tsp cayenne pepper powder

*lemons must be freshly squeeze
*water must be filtered, no tap water
*maple syrup must be grade B (not pancake syrup)
*Cayenne pepper helps break up mucus and increase healthy blood flow, it is also a good source of Vitamin B and C (the super vitamins) 

Combine ingredients, refrigerate and enjoy



That's all today Folks
Blessings My Friends
Mary

References:
www.livestrong.com
ww.nourishedforfree.com
www.mastercleanses.org
www.ohsheglows.com
www.evovlewithmary.com









You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *