Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Fitness Challenge
I challenge you to complete my Summer Arms workout 5 days this week

Challenge Synopsis
  • Complete my Summer Arm Workout 5 days this week
  • Focus on form rather than speed
  • Complete each exercise at a steady pace
  • Rest when you need it and always go before your ready
Why Why Why
  • Since we have been focusing on butts these last few weeks I felt like it was time to tackle those arms
  • This workout will tone the biceps, triceps, deltoids, extensors, flexors, chest, and core. By toning all of these muscles you are able to give your upper body a much needed lift
  • It's tank top season
  • There is nothing better than a nice pair of shoulders on a woman
 Materials
  • Water 
  • Stopwatch
  • Light Weights 3-5 pounds
  • Exercise Mat or Big Towel
Directions
Summer Arms Workout
*complete exercise routine at your own risk
* for modified versions of these exercises email me

Arm Circles 
30 seconds each side
Complete 3 sets




Stretches shoulders and traps
  • Stand up and extend arms straight out by sides. The arms should be parallel to the floor and perpendicular to torso. 
  • Slowly start making circles with each arm out reached. 
  • Continue the circular motion for 30 seconds, then reverse the movement in the opposite direction
Inchworms 
8-10 reps 
Complete 3 sets





Targets entire body
  • Stand with feet shoulder width apart, place hands on ground in front of your toes 
  • Knees can be slightly bent, slowly walk your hands out away from your body until you reach plank position
  • Once you are in plank position, slowly walk your hands back towards your feet and stand 
  • That is one rep


Air Plane Extensions 
10-15 reps
Complete 3 sets


Targets core, butt, lower back, shoulders
  • Lie face down and extend your arms out at shoulders level with your palms facing the floor 
  • Pull your shoulder blades together and lift your arms, legs, and chest off the floor. 
  • Holding that position for one count, then move them back.  Lower yourself to the floor, that's one rep
Crab Walk 
8-10 reps
Complete 3 sets


Targets abs, chest, shoulders, arms
  • Position your arms and legs underneath your body while pointing your stomach up, like a table top. 
  • Walk right hand and foot a few inches out to the right thigh, follow by your left hand and feet
  • Continue to do this 2 times to the right and then walk them back
Push Ups 
10-15 reps
Complete 3 sets

Targets entire body, mostly upper body, shoulders, core, and endurance


Side Plank Reach 
8-10 reps - each side
Complete 3 sets



Targets obliques, abs, butt, shoulder, lower back
  • Lie down with your left side on an exercise mat 
  • Place your feet together on top of each other, next prop yourself up on your hand. Raise your hips so your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders 
  • Raise your right arm up then dive it down reaching under your right side twist so that your chest becomes parallel to floor, pause and then twist back to starting position. 
  • That is one rep


Thumbs up Thumbs Down 
15-20 reps
Complete 3 sets




Targets shoulders, biceps, triceps
  • Stand with feet hip width apart, arms straight out to sides at shoulder height, light weights in hands, or no weights, 
  • rotate thumbs pointing up and down slowly


Plank Up Downs 
8-10 reps
Complete 3 sets




Targets arms, chest, shoulders, core, endurance
  • Assume push up position, make sure body is tight and core is contracted, 
  • Lower yourself onto your elbows raise the right side of your body by pressing your right hand against the floor and straighten your arm. 
  • Raise left side of body in same manner, lower yourself back to your elbows, keep your body tight and core contracted through the entire exercise
Chest Press Leg Drop  
15-20 reps
Complete 3 sets


Targets total body
  • Place light dumbbells in hands lying face up with leg extended straight up over hips (knees can be bent if needed) and arms open to sides of shoulders (like goal post) elbows a few inches off the floor. 
  • Lower legs to a 45 degree angle ( avoid arching your lower back) as arms extend straight over chest, return to start that is one rep.

My Take
I have just as much pride in my butt as I do my arms. When I initially lost the bulk of my weight my arms got very toned, people ask me if I was a boxer, that's how toned and tight they were and I love it. Like most people, after a while, I took my toned arms for granted and I've been chasing those arms ever since. These are some of my favorite exercises that tone my arms quick, fast, and in a hurry.


Nutrition Challenge


Eat 2 "good fat" snacks everyday this week


Challenge Synopsis
  • You should be eating 2-3 healthy snacks a day between meals, make sure those snacks include "good fats"
  • Change your snacking habits, instead of grabbing a bag of chips snack on a handful of almonds
  • I will be posting a few of my favorite "good fat" snack recipes tomorrow. 
Why Why Why
  • Fat is delicious, filling, and its imperative for the absorption of many vitamins
  • Most people (especially women) don't eat enough fat, which makes them unsatisfied and craving sugar
  • Good fats are coconut oil, pasture butter, olive oil, nuts, nut butters, avocados, seeds (especially sesame and pumpkin) grass-fed beef, eggs, fatty fish like salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel, trout, and herring
  • Benefits of healthy snacking between meals 
    • increases your nutrient intake
    • Prevents your blood sugar level from dropping too much between meals
    • Healthy snacks after exercise can replace your energy stores and speed up muscle recovery 
Materials
  • Willpower and Disciple
Directions
  • Try to eat 2-3 snacks a day (between meals) those snacks must contain 1 good fat
My Take
Most people don't get enough fat in their diets especially good fat, and I fall into that category. Eating snacks between meals increases my chances of not overeating and incorporating "good fats" in each snacks will allow me to get the good benefits from eating fat. It's a Win Win. 


Self Help Challenge
I challenge you to start your Life Hand Book

Challenge Synopsis
  • Get a blank journal, I prefer a nice girly, colorful leather, bounded book, something you will want to keep around for years to come
  • Your Life Hand Book should contain the essentials on how you can/should live your life to the fullest
  • This book helps you create a reference, telling yourself what to do and what not to do
Why Why Why
  • This book will be a great reference to look through when going through tough times
  • Previous self help challenges have prepared you for this one
  • Look back at the last few exercises : 
    • What does success look like to you
    • Read a personal development blog or article a day
    • Identify and tackle your blind spots
  • Incorporate all the things you learned from the previous challenges to help you with this challenge
  • This Hand Book will be your manual for life that you can refer back to when needed and/or pass it on to your children 
Materials
  • A nice journal/notebook you will keep around for a while
  • Your favorite writing utensil 
  • Honesty, an open mind, and a good sense of humor
Directions
  • Think about what your purpose, values, and goals are. 
  • Reflect on your past, present, and future
  • Write a quick blurb about yourself in the front of your new Life Hand Book
  • Start by listing your Do(s) & Don't(s) 
    • For example: Do always greet people with a smile, Don't leave the house without looking in the mirror
  • Start fun and loose with your Do(s) & Don't(s) then touch on some real issues
    • For example: Do be open to love, Don't ever compromise who you are for another person
  • If certain Do(s) & Don't(s) need more explanation, write as little or as much as you feel like on the topic
  • Start with listing 5-10 Do(s) and Don't(s) and continue to list more regularly, about once a week
  • Keep the journal private and in a safe place
  • Stay honest with yourself throughout this process
My Take 
I'm starting my very own Hand Book today!!! I plan on passing it down to my kids once they get old enough to appreciate it. This is one of those needed exercises that I  know I will be grateful to have as I get older and go through more and more experiences. 

Have a great Day!
Blessings
Mary 

Refrences: 
www.girlsgonestrong.com
www.self.com
www.fitnessmagazine.com
www.healhtyeating.sfgate.com
www.healthfulpursuit.com



    You may also like

    No comments:

    About

    My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *