Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments

Fitness Challenge

I challenge you to complete my butt lift II workout 5 days this week

Challenge Synopsis
  • Complete my Butt Lift II workout 5 days this week
  • Focus on form rather than speed
  • Complete each exercise at a steady pace
  • Rest when you need it & always go before your ready
Why Why Why
No more excuses, lets get ready to show off that backside this season. 

Materials
Exercise mat or big towel
Water

Directions 

Mary's Butt Lift Workout
Complete 3 sets of each exercise 

To warm up complete one of these interval workouts



Single Leg Bridges

10-12 reps each leg


Targets butt, hamstrings, back, core
How to: 
Lay with back flat against the ground, arms at sides knees bent 
Extend left leg straight out 
Using your core, lift your hips off ground and hold for 2 seconds, while keeping left leg extended
Lower hips and repeat on other side


Squats
15-20 reps

Targets quads, butt, hamstrings, calves, lower back, core
How to:
Stand with feet hip width apart sit back and down like your sitting in a chair
Lower down so thighs are parallel to the floor as possible
Keeping your body as tight press your weight back up until your legs are straight 


Backward Leg Kicks 
10-12 reps each leg

Targets butt, core, balance
Start on all 4s, keeping your toes pointed
Fully extend your left leg straight behind you
Lift leg up and hold for 1-2 seconds and return your leg back to ground, only allow your toe to tap for a quick second and repeat
After reps are completed switch legs


Donkey Kick 
10-12 reps each leg


Targets Butt, Core, Quads
Get on all 4s with wrists aligned under shoulders and knees under hips
Tighten your core while you lift your leg parallel to the floor, with knee bent
Return to starting position and repeat 
Switch Sides


Sideways Leg Swings
10-12 reps each leg



Walking Lunges
10-12 reps each leg



 Targets Quads, Butt, Hamstrings, Core
How To:
Step right leg forward and lower your body to 90 degree angle
Walking forward with left leg and drop down into lunge
Walk forward with left left and drop down into lunge

Roman Dead Lifts
10-12 reps

Targets core, butt, quads, hamstrings
How to
Hold a pair of light dumbbells or a kettle bell at arms length in front of your thighs
Stand with feet hip width apart and your knees slightly bent
Bend at your hips and lower your torso until its almost parallel to the floor
*make sure to stick that booty out on the way down
* if you feel any pain in your back do this exercise with no weights 
Your back should stay naturally arched during the entire movement 

Sumo Squats
10-12 reps

Targets: butt, quads, core
How to
Stand with feel slightly wider than shoulder width apart, toes slightly turned out
Lower body into a deep squat as low as you can go without allowing your knees to creep past your toes
Hold for a few seconds, then return to starting position

Lunges
10-12 reps each leg



Wall Sits
60 seconds
Targets quads, core, butt
How to
Start with your back against a wall, feet should width apart, feet about 2 inches from wall
Slowly slide your back down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the ground
Adjust your feet if needed so that your knees are directly above your ankles
Keep your back flat against the wall
Hold this position 


My Take
I put a few different variations of squats and lunges into this workout. Squats and lunges tone, shape, and lift your backside fast. They hurt, but they work 

Nutrition Challenge

I challenge you to decrease your alcohol consumption this week 


Challenge Synopsis

  • Decrease your alcohol consumption to the moderate alcohol guideline: One drink per day for women & Two drinks per day for men 
  • Calculate how many calories you're drinking by clicking here 
  • Replace your second drink with a mocktail, healthy soda, or some coconut water
  • Show some willpower to save a few calories and let your body recharge and detox


Why Why Why

  • You can cut up to 2500 calories a week by lowering your alcohol consumption depending on how much you drink


  • Heavy or high risk drinking is defined as consumption of more than 3 drinks on any day or more than 7 per week for women 4 drinks on any day or more than 14 per week for men

  • Binge drinking is the consumption within 2 hours of 4 or more drinks for women 5 or more drinks for men

  • Approximately 50% of adults are currently regular drinkers

  • 1.5 billion episodes of binge drinking in the US each year 


Materials
Willpower & Disciple
A buddy to keep you honest (email me, I can be your buddy)  

Directions 
  • Calculate how many drinks you normally consume in one week
  • Put each drink into one of these 3 categories: 
    • Beer
    • Wine
    • Spirits cocktails and mixed drinks go into this category
  • Click here to find out how many extra calories you are drinking per week.
  • Set a realistic goal for yourself I want you to cut back to having one drink per day, if that is unrealistic set a goal that is uncomfortable but obtainable for you
  • Write down your goal and place it somewhere you will see it everyday, the refrigerator, mirror, desk, your phone home-screen...
My Take
I stopped drinking about a year ago and I don't really miss it. 

But, I realize that I'm one in a million. There is nothing wrong with unwinding after work with a cold beer or a glass of wine. Or hitting the town with friends at your favorite local watering hole. I support that 100%

This weeks challenge is getting ourselves mind, body, spirit, and liver ready for the long summer months ahead. I'm not asking you to cut out all drinking, but try to keep it to one drink a night for the next 7 days. Your skin, body and the scale will appreciate the break 

Self-Health Challenge

I challenge you to finish this sentence:
What does success look like to me? 

Challenge Synopsis
  • Write down what success means to you 
  • Be honest with yourself and how you view your accomplishments thus far

Why Why Why
  • Success is defined differently for everyone. It mean money to some people, love to others, and family to somebody else
  • Defining what success looks like to you will help you create a road map to where you want to go
  • If your sad, in a runt, not too sure where to turn, or what to do this exercise is all about creating real direction in your life
  • To strive towards your goals you have to realize what you really want in life
Materials
  • 2 pieces of paper
  • Your favorite writing apparatus
  • Imagination and Honesty  
Directions


On a blank sheet of paper write

What does Success Look Like to Me?? 


On another black sheet of paper write

Take notes about what it will take to see this kind of success in you life

Example:

What does success look like to Mary?
  • Growing my blog, getting sponsors, making a difference  
  • Having a busy schedule
  • Communicating with the public through writing
  • Helping people reach their goals
  • Supporting myself and others emotionally and physically
  • Being happy with myself and others
  • Going on adventures, making memories, and Traveling
  • Making Money
What will it take to see this kind of success in my life?
  • Write more
    • spend more time writing and researching my blog topics
    • Journal Write Daily
    • Submit writing samples to different publications
  • Exercise More
    • Increase cardio schedule 5-6 days a week
    • Lift weights/kettle bells 3 days a week
    • Yoga 2-3 days a week
    • Write out workouts a week prior
    • Clean up my diet...

My Take
I have been feeling a little stunted lately. I think it's the vacation blues, ever since Miami I've been feeling unfulfilled and slightly depressed. Instead of following my old habits and getting overly depressed I decided to do a popular and effective life coaching exercise.

Defining success helped me realize I wasn't happy with my weight, my current schedule and the progress I'm not making in my entrepreneur goals. By writing things down I was able to create plan that can get me to where I want to go. 

Writing it down won't be enough, I'm the person who has to do the work and make the change. And I'm always up for a challenge.

Thats all today Friends
Blessings
Mary 











You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *