Networking is an Art

/
0 Comments
 Hello Everyone

Today I’m a little all over the place.

My trip to Canada is fastly approaching and I have nothing to wear…

I just found out that I’m going to the Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z concert and I’m trying to come up with a slammin outfit for that event. I need to turn heads and break hearts.

What to wear what to wear…

Since I have some time to figure that out I’ll worry about that a little later.

If you know me I’m always looking towards to future to see what my next move should be. I’ve been networking my little booty off and it’s been paying off. I’ve obtained more clients, and have made some valuable connections within my community, but I want and need more. If I’m going to have the world-changing effect that I desire I know I am just starting on this crazy networking journey. I found this article titled: Networking Tips they don’t teach you in college. I enjoyed the list they comprised and wanted to share it with all of my friends.


Networking Tips They Don’t Teach you in College
Shape Magazine, by Lauren Sherman

Carry Personal Business Cards

There is no better way to ensure that someone can contact you than old fashion business cards.

Stick with colors and design element that say something about you without being distracting. 

These are my cards. They are simple, clean, and elegant. The “l” represents growing/evolving, and the heart in the “o” screams Mary

Pay It Forward

Help your friends, family, and acquaintances out when you can. People are more likely to remember your kindness and do you a favor when you need it.

I always lead with love. It doesn’t matter who you are to, a homeless man or the Queen of England, I believe in spreading love to everyone I come in contact with. I find a lot of people truly appreciate a nice smile. While shopping in Whole Foods, I’ll smile and say hi to pretty much anyone that comes into my line of sight. I have been told numerous times how nice it is to see a smiling face after a long day at work. I’ve even gained some clients out of my natural kindness towards other. I am not suggesting this maneuver for everyone, find what works for you, and spread love daily.


Come up with a few talking points

I am a talker. I can talk a strangers ear off, and have no problems with it. Since I’m not shy I find that my issues with networking comes into play when I have to sell myself in a short period of time. I get side tracked easily and sometimes by the end of a 2 minute meet and greet the person I’ve been talking to has no real idea who I am and what I do.

Not only did I come up with a few talking points, I wrote out 3 sentences that explain who I am and what I do. I recite my sentences over and over again in the mirror to make sure it flows. Even though I love to connect with people, I never want to loose sight of my goals of growing my business.

Try a new Activity
Find an event that involves an activity you enjoy, such as dancing, running clinic, wine tasting, or a fundraiser. You will have something to talk about while avoiding wandering around a cold networking even.

I plan on attending some art show in San Francisco in the fall. I love art, free alcohol has never killed anybody, and I think I will run into people that I would usually never meet.

Find a Buddy
Find a friend in your field who also wants to meet people. Prepare each other with pep talks and give true and honest advice.

I found a buddy that I plan on working with for the next 30-50 years. Her name is Anna and she’s a freaking rock star. I never thought I would find another person that is dedicated to spreading love as much as I am; but I found her, and my business has increased ever since. We try to meet once every 2 weeks to discuss our blogs, our goals, and our future. I can’t wait to see what we come up with next. Anna is a blessing, I’m happy I found such a talented woman to support my business and me.

You can check her out at: www.greenglowlove.blogspot.com

Happy Networking!

That’s all folks

Enjoy your day





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *