Boat Racing and Fat Loss

/
0 Comments
 Cello My Friends!!

Today is a good day!

It’s actually hot outside. No overcast, no wind blowing, perfect sunny weather. That’s what I’m talking about. I’m going to enjoy today. There are a few events going on in San Francisco for the 4th of July but no event bigger then the America’s Cup Race. 

Keepin’ it 100% real I had never heard of the America's Cup but it looks like its pretty popular around the very wealthy.  Since I’m not wealthy… yet, I’m truly not interested in the race, but I am interested in all the festivities that come with the race. They have a few informational booths, along with a few cool looking boats on the Marina Green in San Francisco. I think I’m going to roll out to the Marina Green sometime today and snap a few pictures. I can share them with all of you, plus I’m curious about what kind of people plan on attending the actually race on the 4th of July.




A few of the teams landed in the water while practicing last month. These boats ain’t no joke, but the Bay is even a bigger gangster. It ripped a few million-dollar boats in half. This entire event would be a lot more interesting to me if I was into boat racing.


I think I would be into it if I were in a music video, laying in my bikini showin off my cakes, while someone famous like Two Chains was racing away from cops. Yep I might enjoy a little boat race there while looking flawless, but I don’t think that’s going to happen anytime soon.

Other then the boat race, the only other thing on my agenda, besides working, is the Marin Fair tonight. Its opening day, and you already know its going down!

Lets Talk About it

When I lost over 150 pounds, 5 years ago, a lot of things change. My entire body change, and my outlook on life changed. Not only was I finally healthy, but I felt mentally free. I was physically lighter, and spiritually more aware.

I have more then a few overweight family members, and friends that I constantly worry about. I mostly worry about heart attacks, because they can come out of no where, and there is nothing anyone but the doctors can do to help. I also worry about they physical and mental damage being overweight can have on your life and your body.

I found this great poster depicting what happens when you lose fat. It’s educational and inspiring. If you know anyone that is overweight, forward this blog posting to them. Everyone needs to know what he or she is doing to their body.






When you lose fat…

Migraines                          57% resolved
A migraine headache can cause intense throbbing or a pulsing sensation in one area of the head and is commonly accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound.

Depression                          55% resolved
Depression is a medical illness that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest

Pseudotumor Cerebri                96% resolved
Pseudotumor Cerebri occurs when pressure inside your skull increases with no obvious reason, symptoms mimics those of a brain tumor but there is no tumor present. It is most commonly found in obese women in mid twenties to mid thirties.

Dyslipidemia Hypercholesterolemia      63% resolved
Dyslipidemia Hypercholesterolemia is an abnormal amount of lipids (e.g. cholesterol and/or fat) in the blood

Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease     90% improved
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is a term used to describe the accumulation of fat in the liver of people who drink little or no alcohol.

Metabolic Syndrome                    80% resolved
Increases blood pressure, a high blood sugar level, excess body fat around the waist and abnormal cholesterol levels — that occur together, increasing your risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.

Type II Diabetes                    83% resolved
Type 2 diabetes, once known as adult-onset or non insulin-dependent diabetes, is a chronic condition that affects the way your body metabolizes sugar (glucose), your body's main source of fuel.

Polycystic Ovarian syndrome          79% resolved
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. The name of the condition comes from the appearance of the ovaries in most, but not all, women with the disorder — enlarged and containing numerous small cysts located along the outer edge of each ovary (polycystic appearance)

Venous Stasis Disease               95% resolved
Chronic venous insufficiency or CVI is a medical condition where the veins cannot pump enough oxygen-poor blood back to the heart.

Gout                                   77% resolved
Gout is characterized by sudden, severe attacks of pain, redness and tenderness in joints, often the joint at the base of the big toe

Mortality                              89% reduction in 5-year
Mortality is the state of being mortal, or susceptible to death; the opposite of immortality.

Degenerative Joint Disease          41% - 76% resolved
Osteoarthritis (OA) also known as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease or osteoarthrosis, is a group of mechanical abnormalities involving degradation of joints, including auricular cartilage and subchondral bone.

Stress Urinary Incontinence          44% - 88% resolved
Urinary (or bladder) incontinence happens when you are not able to keep urine from leaking out of your urethra, the tube that carries urine out of your body from your bladder. You may leak urine from time to time. Or, you may not be able to hold any urine.

GERD                                   72% - 92% resolved
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic digestive disease that occurs when stomach acid or, occasionally, bile flows back (refluxes) into your food pipe (esophagus). The backwash of acid irritates the lining of your esophagus and causes GERD signs and symptoms.

Hypertension                         52% - 92% resolved
High blood pressure (hypertension) is when your blood pressure is 140/90 mmHg or above most of the time.

Cardiovascular Disease               82% risk reduction
The term "heart disease" is often used interchangeably with "cardiovascular disease." Cardiovascular disease generally refers to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack, chest pain (angina) or stroke.

Asthma                              82% improved or resolved
Asthma is a condition in which your airways narrow and swell and produce extra mucus. This can make breathing difficult and trigger coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.

Obstructive sleep Apnea               74% - 98% resolved
A potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts during sleep.



Living in today’s oversized world, you might know a few people that are overweight, or you might be overweight yourself. Taking care of your self if very important. It’s important for your friends, family and loved ones to keep you around as long as possible. Enjoy this detailed outline on the benefits of loosing fat. When you ready or when someone you know is ready, be that supportive person that they need.

I was the girl that was 350 pounds with plans to loose weight. I shared my goal with only 2 people, my boyfriend, at the time, and my sister. If both of them hadn’t had such overwhelmingly positive responses, I can’t guarantee that I would be the success story that I am.

Alrighty enough with the serious stuff

Today’s exercise is

The Crunchy Frog




Complete 25 reps

I like my abdominals FLAT! These do just that.

The Crunchy frog is a tough exercise but it is very effective at working your hip flexors, core, as well as your balance and coordination. It takes a little practice and strength development to complete the move smoothly.

If you find that your lower back is hurting you can place your hands on the floor behind you and just kick in and out with your legs. As your abdominals get stronger you will be able to add in arm movements.

Enjoy!!

Type to you soon
<3


 
References:
 
 




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *