Veggie Egg Rolls and I'm So Happy

/
0 Comments

Hello friends

I had a very productive day yesterday. Today I'm going to scout out a few different walking trails for my new walking club.



This is me after my final workout yesterday. I will admit I'm not that cute in these pictures, but my life isn't always cute. Sometimes I look a hot mess. I was so proud of myself for finishing such a grueling workout, and completing my challenges. 

Last night I made vegetables egg rolls. They were excellent.  I usually avoid anything fried, but I made an exception yesterday

 
Vegetable Egg Rolls







Ingredients:
1 package egg roll wrappers
Cabbage
Carrots
Scallions
2 tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
Peanut or vegetable oil


Preparation
Julienne cut carrots, cabbage and scallions
Sautée scallions for 3-4 minutes
Add carrots and cook for another 3-4 minutes
Add cabbage stirring constantly
Add soy sauce
Add rice vinegar
Do not over cook vegetables, make sure they are still crunchy and fresh
Once vegetable are done and seasoned to you liking remove from heat and let cool


Wrap your egg rolls
Take the bottom point of your wrap and fold it over top of the filling. Fold the sides in towards the middle and roll the filling towards the top point of the wrapper.


Seal the egg roll.
 To prevent the egg roll from unwrapping in the deep fryer, you need to seal the seams; this also prevents oil from filling the inside of the egg roll. In a small dish or bowl, add cold water. Dip your finger into water and use this as glue to seal the top point of your wrap and any openings where you feel the wrap needs to be glued together


Cook your egg rolls.
 Since the fryer temperatures will vary and size of the egg rolls will affect the cooking time, there is no set cooking time. Place 3-4 egg rolls in the deep fryer and allow to cook until golden brown. Roll the egg rolls in the oil to evenly brown the wrapper. Avoid overcooking the egg rolls.


Serve immediately
Egg rolls are best served as soon as they have finished cooking. Serve with a chilled bottle of sweet cherry sauce, plum sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or anything you enjoy on egg rolls.

http://www.wikihow.com/
 

 I also had tofu and eggplant for dinner. It was delicious, and way to labor intensive for me to share with you today.

Today is an hair day. If you haven't notice I have dreadlocks. 2-3 times a month I have to re-twist my hair, to make sure my hair looks clean, manageable, and fresh. It takes me up to 3-4 hours to re-twist my dreadlocks, and that's what I get to do today.


I usually avoid pictures when it's time to retwist my hair, but because a lot of people will never see this process, I will share before and after pictures tomorrow.


That's all folks.
Hearts

 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *