All About Bones

/
0 Comments
 
Hello Friends

I hope you had a productive Monday.

Today I’m going for a hike with my bestie. I can’t wait to take it all in, and enjoy the break from reality. 

Last night while hanging out with my boyfriend I did something stupid. I’m sure he deserved it, I thought, as I balled up my fist and hit my boyfriend directly on his shoulder blade. As soon as my fist made contact I knew I had made a terrible decision. For the rest of the night my right hand throbbed in pain. This got me thinking about bones. I know my man drinks a lot of milk, and exercises daily so I’m not surprised that his bones are strong, but what about me? I don’t enjoy milk as much as I used to. What other foods should I consume or avoid when it comes to bone health?

Today’s the day that I figure it out.

Bone Health

The Definition of Bones
Bones are organs; there function is to support and protect the various organs of the body, produce red and white blood cells and store minerals.

Why does bone strength matter?
Our bones allow us to move, they protect our brain, heart, and other vital organs from injury. Bones store minerals like calcium and phosphorous, which help keep our bonds strong.


Exercise for strong Bones
Good bone health is just as important as a flat stomach. “By incorporating resistance and weight-bearing exercise into your fitness routine you can help avoid bone and range of motion issues later in life.” Mary Ylisela, Demand Media

  • Move your body in new ways
  • Complete weight baring exercise
  • Add balance exercises to avoid bone fractures.
  • Complete bone strengthen stretches with resistance bands

Foods that feed your bones
“Our bones remain strong throughout young adulthood. As we hit middle age, they slowly begin to thin out. One of the best lines of defense is your diet -- eating the right foods can give you the maximum peak bone mass and boost your bone density at any age.” Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD,

·          Milk
·      Yogurt and Cheese
·      Sardines
·      Dark leafy greens: bok choy, spinach, & kale 
·      Fortified foods
·      Calcium Supplements
·      Salmon
·      Nuts and Seeds





Foods to avoid






It’s never too late to take care of your bones.

That’s all I have for you guys today.

Have a great Tuesday.





Here’s a list of

References:



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *