Stress, Legens of Summer, and WalkFIT

/
0 Comments
 Hello Everyone

Confession time. Stress, stress has been consuming me these past few weeks. Broke down yesterday, completely lost it, crying, whining, and just plain upset. Whenever it gets like this, its time to call my friend Beth in Ohio, she is an older woman, around my Mother’s age, and she always understands where I’m coming from. The conversation started well, then I lost it, snot bubbles, slurred speech, coughing, choking, all the good stuff. Beth calmed me down, and said exactly what I needed to hear. Today is a better day. On top of moving, buying a house, starting a new walk fit program in my neighborhood, planning a surprise 30th birthday party for my boyfriend, going to Canada next week, and constantly seeking my boyfriends parents approval, my plate has is more than full, it's heaping.


Today is a better day. Breaking down is something you have to do sometimes, it reminds me that I’m human, strong, and just as lost as everyone else, that I don't have all the answers. It feels freeing to talked/type about this, and not hide my true emotions and act like I’m ashamed.


So happy that’s off my chest, it’s time to talk about other things. This blog has become one of my favorite things to do, writing about my day, and feelings, receiving emails and comments of support from my new found friends, just being myself and telling the truth is freeing and inspires me.


Today is the day

The Legends of summer!!! Sure, I’ve been talking about it almost everyday, for the last 2 weeks, or maybe it’s been the last 4 weeks. That’s how excited I am. Ready Ready Ready! Shopping was finally completed yesterday. Leather leggings are a go!!! Still working on a top, and shoes, but I have plenty of time to finish the outfit. No plans today, other then shopping, getting my nails done, and getting a much needed Thai Message.

Thank You Nicole! Nicole turned me on to Spotify, you can listen to music for free. Sign up with your facebook, and start listening to music within 2 minutes. HOLLLLLA!!!!



Rocking to Magna Carta... Holy Grail, Jay Z’s new album, me likie!!!

Knee deep in my walk fit club, finding different exercises, and trails around my neighborhood, makes me feel like I’m accomplishing something. 

Time to talk about some of the benefits of walking

  • Walking Boosts endorphins, which eases stress, tension, anger, Fatigue, and confusion, all within 10 minutes!!!

  • Waling Reduces the risk of Glaucoma
Glaucoma is a term describing a group of ocular disorders with multi-factorial etiology united by a clinically characteristic intraocular pressure-associated optic neuropathy. This can permanently damage vision in the affected eye(s) and lead to blindness if left untreated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaucoma

  • Walking Limits Sickness, Taking a moderately-paced walk for between 30 and 45 minutes daily was found to increase the amount of immune system cells that were present in the body. The levels of immunity boosters remained elevated for several hours after exercise and appear to have a cumulative effect in protecting against illnesses over time. - See more at: http://www.jonbarron.org/article/walk-away-colds#sthash.IR0TztY0.dpuf

  • Walking improves balance Walking helps build lower-body strength, an important element of good balance.

  • Walking improves heart health by increasing heart rate and circulation

  • Walking improves blood pressure A U.S. study suggested that taking a stroll offers cardiovascular benefits for people who are morbidly obese.



There are many benefits gained from walking, by starting this walkfit club, it will help improve the level of fitness in my neighborhood.

Enjoy this weekend. I’m planning on it!

Hearts my friends.





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *