Spring Cleansing your Body

/
0 Comments
At the Copa… Copa Copacabana!!

Hello My Friends!!!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!!
My favorite quote. It reminds me that I always have tomorrow, and that everyday is important. Everyday can change your life, and today I’m feeling great!!!

I went furniture shopping yesterday and had a blast. If only I had an unlimited budget. It’s hard to separate what you need from what you really really want.

Injury Update!!!
My calves are A-OK! No more shooting pains or cramping. I was able complete my entire exercise routine yesterday with no aches or pains. I’m happy I avoided a more serious injury, but I will continue to stretch and warm up before every workout.

Back To Bikram
My body has been begging me to stretch. At the dinner table my back develops knots, in bed my legs are screaming to be pulled and stretch in multiple directions. I know my body misses Bikarm Yoga and I think I’m going to jump back into that fire. I will admit Bikram is expensive. For some reason every studio I’ve been to in SF is super expensive. They all offer 30 days for $30, which I have taken advantage of multiple times, with the intent to purchase when my 30 days is up, but never being able to afford more then one month. I found another Bikram studio that offers the same deal 30 days for $30. I’m going to take them up on their offer and hopefully they will have more reasonable prices, but I’m not counting on it. www.bikramyoganorthbeach.com

What is Bikram?
Bikram Choudhury is an internationally renowned yoga teacher from India who has taught over three million students.  He brought his system to the United States in 1971 at the invitation of the American Medical Association. Bikram’s yoga is a routine of 26 poses which works the whole body in 90 minutes. The poses work synergistically and cumulatively to return the body to a balanced state.  The yoga builds energy, stamina and flexibility.  It incorporates strength, challenge, gravity, balancing and most importantly the tourniquet effect.  This technique allows the stretching, squeezing and massaging of the internal organs, flushing out the cardiovascular system and stimulating the endocrine and nervous systems in order to release any deficient hormones and enzymes.  The body is self-regulating and self-adjusting.



Challenges coming to an end
I’ve been feeling better then ever. My body is looking great and I’m proud of myself. I only have 1 more day on these Challenges, and as much as I’m looking forward being done, I know I’m going to miss squatting an absurd amount of times, and my abdominals trembling with every move. Now that I know these challenges work I’m impressed with the results, and inspired to push myself harder. I want to push myself to the limit.

If you have been following me throughout this journey I hope I have inspired you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. I did, and it truly paid off. I can’t wait to show my before and after pictures. I can truly see a change and I believe all of you will be able to also.

Today I have to complete 250 squats!! I feel like such a Bad Ass!!!


I found this article in Shape Magazine and wanted to share:

7 Spring Cleansing Foods
By Candice Kumai


These 7 foods help detoxify, hydrate and refresh our body naturally just in time for summer

Berry Green Smoothies

I borrowed this recipe from my friends at http://greenglowlove.blogspot.com/ Anna is inspirational and constantly finding delicious ways to obtain proper nutrition.

Green Smoothie : 
1.  1 1/2 Frozen Bananas
2.  4 Frozen Strawberries
3.  1 Cup Frozen Spinach
4.  2 TBSP Organic Chocolate Hemp Protein Powder
5.   1 TBSP Chia Seeds
6.   1 TSP Cinnamon 
7.   1 TSP Nutmeg
8.   H2O

This is yummy!!! Not only is it great for you, the leafy greens contain chlorophyll, which helps to eliminate harmful environmental toxins that can contribute to illness and liver damage. The berries have antioxidants and enzymes to fight free radical damage that can lead to disease. 

I love green smoothies, but the way my home is currently set up I can’t start a blender in the morning because it will wake my boyfriend. We are moving to a bigger space and soon I will be able to blend whenever my little heart desires. I currently eat oatmeal with flaxseed and honey and blueberries for breakfast, soon I will be able to add Green Smoothies to my everyday routine.

Green Tea
Polyphones, antioxidants-rich phytochemicals found in green tea leaves help detoxify the body by eliminating harmful free radicals. Studies show it can also reduce the risk of cancer, improve memory and reduce belly fat.

Green tea aided me in my weight loss. I drank 2-3 glasses a day, sometimes suppressing hunger by having a glass of hot green tea was refreshing. I don’t drink as much tea as I used to, but I still try to get at least 1 glass in once a week. I plan on reving up my green tea intake within the next few days. I’m up for anything that fights belly fat.

Curry Powder
Turmeric, the main spice in curry powder, contains curcumin. Curcumin is used in holistic medicine to help aid with digestive disorder and liver issues. It is also an anti-inflammatory and contributes to the production of glutathione, which is a powerful liver protecting antioxidant.

I have a friend that sprinkles curry powder on everything, boiled eggs, salads, even pizza. Now that I found out how good Curry Powder is, I might also join the curry powder club.

Cabbage

Cabbage is 92% water, and a natural diuretic. A diuretic is any drug that elevates the rate of urination and thus provides a means of forced diuresis. All diuretics increase the excretion of water from bodies, although each class does so in a distinct way.
It can help expel excess fluids from body and it is packed with glucosinolates, organic compounds that contain nitrogen and sulfur, and help flush out unwanted toxins. Cabbage also contains C, K, E, and A minerals, dietary fibers and folic acid.

Cabbage helped me loose weight. I always had cut cabbage in the fridge to snack on while trying to slim down. It felt like I was eating water, and it worked. It really worked.

Water
Water helps flush out toxins throughout your liver and kidneys.

I fight with my water intake daily. I’m up to 4-5 cups of water, 9 cups are recommended by the Mayo Clinic, but 9 cups of water will force me to live in the bathroom. No Thank You

Pineapple
Pineapple aids in detoxifying your body. It has bromelian, a powerful digestive enzyme that aids in digesting protein, breaking down fats, and reducing inflammation and can help with symptoms of PMS

Not only does pineapple make you WhoooHaaa taste better, it’s good for you. Pineapple aided me in my weight loss journey. I purchased a large pineapple once a week, cut it, cored it, and separated it into 7 small containers. I seasoned the pineapple with cayenne pepper, sea salt, and black pepper. Not only did it help me loose weight, it also cleared up my skin and made me internally sweeter.

Lemons
A glass of water infused with lemon or hot water with lemon can cleanse the body. Lemons contain antibacterial properties that help purify the blood and balance the PH of your colon. They also contain vitamin C, which helps to boost your immune system.

I have never been a huge fan of lemon infused water, but I do enjoy a cup of hot water with lemon every now and then. I’m just not a huge lemon fan, unless its lemon cake!


I had no idea that I utilized most of the foods on this list for weight loss. I think it's better that I didn’t know what I was doing so I didn’t expect any results. Now that I know how beneficial these foods are I plan on re-incorporating them into my daily routine. I think it's time for a trip to Trader Joes.


That’s all Folks!!!
Heats



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *