Cooking Crystals, Networking, and Goal Setting

/
0 Comments
 Hello Friends

What a wonderful weekend!

I took 4 days off of working out, and I feel great. My body shrunk a couple of inches, like I knew it would, and I’m happy about that.

Here is my official before and after pictures and video.





I attended the crystal fair at Fort Mason!



Cooking for Two 
 
On Friday my boyfriend and I did something we have never done before. We cooked together.

I have been cooking since I was 5 years old, Tony has never really prepared a meal, but whenever I am cooking, he always asks if he can help. I usually ask him to cut onions, and giggle to myself when his eyes start to water, but Friday I decided to really give him a chance. His first test was browning onions and sautéing broccoli. He did so well with that I let him char the piquillo peppers. Once it was time to start the fried rice he started telling me how to prepare it. It was so cute I let him make it and OMG what a great job he did. I thought I was going to gain 5 pounds from eating fried rice. He prepared a tasty meal for us and I’m so proud of him.







Network everywhere you go 

It seems like my networking plan is taking off. After Friday's Health Fair, I now have over 100 business cards in my purse, ready to pass them out to anybody that seems interested in my services.

There is a nail shop down the street from my house that I frequent at least once a week. Yesterday I was in dire need of a pedicure, so I threw on my day-glow pink t-shirt dress and drove down to my local nail solan. As soon as I walked in I recognized one of the women getting her nails done. I used to work with her at The Sports Club SF, and we had a lot of catching up to do. I spent over an hour talking to her about my current carrer choices, and goals. Finally her nails were dry and she left, with my business card in hand. 

I noticed another lady in the nail salon, ear hustling, aka eavesdropping. I could see that she was compelled by my story, so I made small talk with her, and we ended up chatting for 10 minutes. I told her about my free boot camps starting in August, and I gave her my card. She promised to email me and also inquired about my training prices. Then the icing on the cake. She told me that she had 3-4 friends in mind that would also enjoy my services.

I was so happy about the chance encounter. MY goal was to get out in the community and share my passion, and I’m starting to do that. This was a great weekend, and I’m going to keep the momentum going.

Goals Goals Goals 
 
Since I’m a life coach, I know the importance of Goal Setting. I started a goal notebook, writing out my goals to accomplish within a week, making sure to read the goals everyday and noting the date the goal was accomplished. Goal setting is fun, I treat it like exercise for my life. Just in case you don’t know the importance of setting goals I included a small insert from my life coaching workbook.

Goal setting is a powerful process for thinking about your ideal future, and for motivating yourself to turn your vision of this future into reality.
The process of setting goals helps you choose where you want to go in life. By knowing precisely what you want to achieve, you know where you have to concentrate your efforts. You'll also quickly spot the distractions that can, so easily, lead you astray.

Why Set Goals?

Goal setting is used by top-level athletes, successful business-people and achievers in all fields. Setting goals gives you long-term vision and short-term motivation. It focuses your acquisition of knowledge, and helps you to organize your time and your resources so that you can make the very most of your life.
By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals, and you'll see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. You will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your own ability and competence in achieving the goals that you've set.
Goal setting is an important method of:
  • Deciding what you want to achieve in your life.
  • Separating what's important from what's irrelevant, or a distraction.
  • Motivating yourself.
  • Building your self-confidence, based on successful achievement of goals.
Set your lifetime goals first. Then, set a five-year plan of smaller goals that you need to complete if you are to reach your lifetime plan. Keep the process going by regularly reviewing and updating your goals. And remember to take time to enjoy the satisfaction of achieving your goals when you do so.
If you don't already set goals, do so, starting now. As you make this technique part of your life, you'll find your career accelerating, and you'll wonder how you did without it! http://www.mindtools.com



I hope you have a wonder-filled Monday!

Type to you Tomorrow.




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *