Confessions Friday!

/
0 Comments


Today’s entry has everything to do about things I try to hide from people. 

Confession 
I am not seeing the results I want to see from my diet and workout routine. I omitted lots of things from my diet but I still have a layer of fat that I just can't seem to get rid of, so I decided to get super duper strict on my food intake. I feel like I'm almost where I want to be, I just need a small push to get this last 10 pounds off. By cleaning up my diet I will be able to reach my goals faster. I need more results, and I'm willing to further restrict my food intake to get them.



I have cut sodas, alcohol, and meat completely out of my diet. I restrict my intake of bread, fried foods, and sweets. I workout 6-7 days a week, and I can feel muscle under my skin, but I can't see the muscle. I realize I need to loose more weight to obtain my desired body. So I'm going to start following a strict diet. Maybe something like: kale smoothie and oatmeal for breakfast, salad with protein for lunch, snacks of nuts, fruits, and raw vegetables between meals, and baked, broiled, or grilled seafood and vegetables for dinner. It doesn't sound exciting, but I'm ready for the next step in my weight loss journey.

Confession
I took 7 days off of exercising and I realized I need more rest in between workouts. I usually enjoy pushing myself 6-7 days a week, not really giving my body a chance to rebuild the muscle I am breaking down during my weight training sessions. My body always shrinks when I take a few days off, and I realize I'm overworking myself and not giving my muscles proper fuel and the rest that it needs.

Who truly wants to workout 6-7 days a week? I realize my weight loss still plays an active roll in my life. I am always scared of regaining the weight I lost. It is my biggest fear. It is the reason I push myself so hard, I am afraid of skipping 1-2 days, actually I'm terrified. I plan on working out 5-6 days a week, and not pushing myslef to sweat when I'm not in the mood. My body needs the rest, and I need to realize I'm never going to be 300 pounds again. I need to stop living in fear, and I'm going to truly work on changing my outlook on regaining weight.  


You just peeked into my soul. I like being human, because I’m allowed not to be perfect; I’m allowed flaws and mistakes. I’m allowed to take a break from my strict diet, and crazy workout routine­­. As much as I love being in shape, I also realize it is not the end all of be all.


This is a never-ending journey that I signed up for. Thanks for coming long for the ride.




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *