Challenge Tuesdays

/
0 Comments

  Today is Challenge Tuesdays….
Are you ready for a challenge???

Last week I challenged you to complete 50 squats, 50 jumping jacks, 60 seconds of mountain climbers, and 20 inch-worms for 7 days. I must say this challenge turned into a full on workout for me. I took a week off of exercising like a mad woman last week, but decided to complete my challenge exercises. I’m happy I listened to my body, and let it rest. I am not happy about the muscle tone that I lost in 7 days, but I know today’s challenge will help me get right back on track.
I officially challenge you to
Complete 30 minutes of cardio for the next 7 days.
  
This challenge is a long time coming. To truly loose fat you have to complete cardio. You have to love cardio to stay in shape. The challenge is finding a form of cardio that you enjoy. I have an exercise bike that I enjoy riding. I get to watch tv and petal the fat away. My boyfriend loves the elliptical; my best friend loves to run, my mom loves Zumba. Whatever form of cardio gets you excited, its time for you to start sweating, and complete 30 minutes for the next 7 days. 
Top 10 Cardio Exercises
1.    Running
2.    Cross Country Skiing
3.    Bicycling
4.    Elliptical Trainer
5.    Swimming
6.    Step Aerobics
7.    Rowing
8.    Kickboxing
9.    Walking
10. Jump Rope
Personal Reflection
I am a cardio junky. Only because I know what kind of effects 30-60 minutes of cardio can have on my body. I have heard a lot of people describe cardio as a mouse in a wheel, running from nothing, boring, tiring, and uninspiring. I totally understand this mind set, but its not a healthy one. There is no substitution for a cardio workout. You have to get your heart rate up no matter what your goals are, losing weight, building muscle, improving your health, or just trying to maintain the weight you are at. I have learned to love my cardio workout, to love the panting and sweating, and not being able to breath. I hope you can find a cardio routine that you love.

The challenge is to push yourself everyday by adding
30 minutes of cardio to your existing or non existing workout routine
Good Luck!

*Disclaimer: Always make sure to warm your body up before preforming any exercises. 
If you do not you are running the risk of injury. 
Always listen to your body, if any exercise causes too much impact stop right away. 

REFERENCES:


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *