Calorie Counting Thursdays!!!!

/
0 Comments

Happy Thursday!!! We are all one- step closer to the weekend!!!

Today I want to talk about changing your mind before you change your body.

I know that weight loss is a mental battle as well as a physical battle. Not only do you need to work up a sweat on a regular bases, you also need to retrain you mind.

When I say retrain your mind, I’m talking about believing in yourself, and your mission. You have to truly believe that you can loose weight, and improve your quality of life.

When I decided it was time to change, it didn’t happen over night. I didn’t start working out right away, or start restricting my food intake. Instead I started working on my self-esteem. I knew to be successful I had to stop putting myself down, and feeling sorry for myself. I had to change my outlook on myself before I could change my physical appearance.

My mental battle is still present to this day. I spent 25 years telling myself I was fat, that I’m not worthy of real love, that I will always have to settle in life because of my weight.

What does your mind tell you?
Do you ever put yourself down and feel unworthy of a normal life because you are loosing your battle of the bulge?

Try positive affirmations.


Whenever I start beating up on myself I stop the negative thoughts and repeat to myself,  
I am worthy of love, from others and myself. I am strong, I am beautiful, and I am worth it.

I am a huge believer in positive affirmations. They have helped me with my self-esteem, and my body image. Making sure I don’t mentally beat up on myself seems strange, but after 2-3 months of positive thoughts I truly felt ready to workout and start to change my life. This journey isn’t all fun and games. Sometimes we have to dive into ourselves, and get real. Sometimes we have to do things other people think is strange to get us in a safe place.

I hope this post helps someone that has been struggling with staying positive.

Here are a few more positive affirmations

When you feel lonely and sad:

1. I feel the love of those who are not physically around me.
2. I take pleasure in my own solitude.
3. I am too big a gift to this world to feel self-pity and sadness.
4. I love and approve of myself.

When you feel terrified (without your safety being in danger):

5. I focus on breathing and grounding myself.
6. Following my intuition and my heart keeps me safe and sound.
7. I am making the right choices every time.
8. I am drawing from my inner strength and inner light.
9. I trust myself.

When you feel insignificant:

10. I am a unique child of this world.
11. I have every bit as much brightness to offer the world as the next person.
12. I matter and what I have to offer this world also matters.
13. I may be one in 7 billion but I am also one in 7 billion!

When you are nervous:

14. I trust my inner light and intuition to guide me.
15. Nervousness surrounding what I want to do is a good sign.
16. I know the situation will work out for my highest good.
17. Wonderful thing unfold before me.

When you are angry:

18. The anger does not reflect who I am.
19. I let go of my anger so I can see clearly.
20. I accept responsibility if my anger has hurt anyone.
21. I replace my anger with understanding and compassion.
22. I offer a sincere apology to those affected by my anger.

When you feel hopeless and at the end of your rope:

23. I may not understand the good in this situation yet but it is there.
24. I can muster up a little more hope and courage from deep inside me.
25. I choose to find hopeful and optimistic ways to look at this.
26. I kindly ask for help and guidance if I cannot see a better way.
27. I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways.

When you feel conflicted about a decision:

28. I know my inner self will guide me to the right decision.
29. I trust myself to make the best and smartest decision for me.
30. I receive all feedback about a decision with love but make the final call myself.
31. I listen with love to this inner conflict and reflect on it until I get to peace around it.


*Homework,
Pick some of your favorite affirmations from the list provided, write them down on small pieces of paper and put them into a jar. Once a day pick an affirmation out of the jar, and keep it with you. Look in the mirror and say the affirmation to yourself when  you are alone and when you feel bad about something. Try this for 7 days and let me know if they are helping you stay positive.  

References





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *