Challenge Tuesdays

/
0 Comments

Today is Challenge Tuesdays….
Are you ready for a challenge???

Last week I challenged you complete a 15 minute walk everyday. I enjoyed this challenege, I usually don’t take walks, that changed last week. I feel like an exploer, stomping around my neighborhood, checking out houses, and elevating my heart rate. I enjoyed the challenge so much that I’m going to repeat this challenge this week, with one small change
I officially challenge you to
Complete a 30 minute walk everyday.
We know what a wonderful low impact workout walking is. Here are some other benefits of walking.
1. Walking Deflects diabetes. There is new research that connects brisk walking to significant risk reduction for developing type 2 diabetes. A British study proved people with a family history of diabetes who walked briskly or preformed some other from of challenging activities on an every day basis improved their insulin sensitivity.
2. Walking can improve your sex life. Sex and exercise is a two way street. In a study of women between 45-55 years old, those who exercised reported greater sexual desire and sexual satisfaction.
3. You save on gym dues. No matter where you live you can find a place to walk. 150 minutes of moderate-intensity walking a week can help prevent heart disease and manage stress. Moderate walking is equal to an average of 100 steps per minutes. San Diego State University researchers support using a pedometer and aiming for 1,000 steps in 10 minutes.
4. Walking can help you get off medicine. Data for the National Walkers’ Health Study found that people who took the long weekly walks were more likely to use less medication. You should add one long walk to your routine once a week.
5. Walking can help fade fibromyalgia pain. Fibromyalgia pain is a chronic condition that affects over 4% of the population. It involves pain, fatigue, and brain fog. A study proved that people that walked 60 minutes, performed light exercises, and stretched 3x’s a week for 18 weeks peopled significant improvements in walking and mental capacity.
6. “Walking can help you beat breast cancer. Women who walk regularly after being diagnosed with breast cancer have a 455 greater chance of survival then those less active.” Journal of Clinical Oncology
7.  Walking reduces stress. A 30 minute walk, 5 days a week can significantly lower your risk of having a stroke according to University of South Carolina researchers. Brisk walking had a 40%lower risk of suffering a stroke compared to people with the lowest fitness level.
8. Walking can save your mind. Researchers in Italy found 749 people suffering from memory issues and measure their walking and other moderate activities. They found people who expended the most energy walking had a 27% lower risk of developing dementia. Physical activities play a big role in increasing blood flow to the brain.
Personal Reflection
I live in Sausalito California, a beautiful town right over the golden gate bridge. Sausalito has stepper hills then San Francisco and I’m happy to take advantage of them. I like spicing up my walking by performing walking lunges, or walking backward, sometimes I even bring lightweights and complete shoulder presses while walking. Walking is universal and a great way to add cardio into your workout routine.

I challenge is to push yourself and complete a 30- minute walk everyday.
Good Luck!

Always listen to your body, if any exercise causes too much impact stop right away. 

REFERENCES:
http://www.rodale.com/benefits-walking


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *