Challenge Tuesdays

/
0 Comments
 
 
  Today is Challenge Tuesdays….
Are you ready for a challenge???

Last week I challenged you to complete 30 minutes of cardio a day for the next 7 days. This weeks challenge will enhance last week’s challenge, and will hopefully help you create a regular cardio routine. Taking a walk is not labor intensive, you don’t have to change into a stylish exercise outfit, mess up your makeup, or ruin your hair, for a nice leisurely walk during lunch, after work, or first thing in the morning. Walking is a wonderful form of exercise. So today:
I officially challenge you to
Complete a 15 minute walk everyday.
  
Walking can trim your waistline and improve your health. It is a low impact exercise with numerous health benefits, that’s is accessible to pretty much everybody.
 
Benefits of Walking
  • Lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (the “bad” cholesterol)
  • Raise high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (the “good” cholesterol)
  • Lower your blood pressure
  • Reduce your risk of or manage type 2 diabetes
  • Manage your weight
  • Improve your mood
  • Stay strong and fit
Research shows that regular, brisk walking can reduce the risk of heart attack by the same amount as more vigorous exercise, like jogging.


Personal Reflection
I love to sweat. Sweating makes me feel like I’m accomplishing something. When I sweat I know I am burning calories and/or fat. I feel like I finally have some control over something in my life. Sweat = Results in my book. So I enjoy doing anything that promotes sweating. Which is why I love exercising. Living in San Francisco, the hills are unavoidable. I like to take walks, so sometimes I’m stuck trailing up a hill trying to find my breath. I find that walking is a simple, fun, and challenging way to work up a sweat. I’m not talking about running, jogging, or even skipping, I’m talking left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, breath, breath, breath. Walking is a wonderful form of exercise. 

The challenge is to push yourself to take at least a 15 minute walk everyday.
Good Luck!

Always listen to your body, if any exercise causes too much impact stop right away. 

REFERENCES:



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *