Fettuccine with Pistachio-Mint Pesto

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.... Make it count!!!

I spent the entire day getting ready for my upcoming trip to New Orleans & New York. I love to travel, I love airplanes, exploring new cities, and trying out new cuisines. 

I had to pack for 2 weeks and 2 different climates. New Orleans is still in the 60-70s and New York is in the 40-50s sooo I need to be ready for anything. Plus I left room in my luggage for all the new clothes I plan on purchasing!! This girl loves to shop, especially in The Big Apple.

The recipe I'm featuring today is absolutely delicious. It's healthy without tasting healthy if you know what I mean. I usually stay away from pasta but I'll break my diet for this beauty. My boyfriend is Italian and is pretty particular about his pesto sauce and yes... he loved this one. The pistachios and mint is a twist on normal pesto, they both have very strong flavors that mesh well with wheat pasta. 

FYI: Tony, my boyfriend, doesn't like everything I make, lots of recipes don't make it to the blog, some turn out bland or just plain disgusting. I wanted you guys to know I test out all recipes I share. 

This one is a keeper!

Recipe adapted from www.cookinglight.com
My favorite place to find healthy recipes



1/2 cup fresh mint 
1/2 cup fresh parsley 
1/4 cup + 4 tsp unsalted, shelled, dry roasted pistachios
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
5/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 large garlic clove
1 (9oz) package of wheat fettuccine
12 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
1 med sweet onion, coarsely chopped




Combine mint, parsley, 1/4 cup pistachios, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic into a food processor or blender
Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped 

Cook fettuccine according to package directions, until just aldentè
Drain fettuccine over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water
Add pasta water to pesto mixture 


Sautéed onion in deep pan over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently until onions are soft
Add pesto and pasta
Cook for 2 minutes combining all ingredients well

Add remaining 4 tsp pistachios and cherry tomatoes 
Top pasta with Pecorino Romano cheese and chopped pistachios 

Serve immediately  

That's all today folks!!
Peace & Love,
Mary 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *