All Better Tea & Broccoli Fritters

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends!

I'm feeling much better today, no headache or shooting pains. I made a big batch of immune boosting tea and had 5-6 cups. It contains basic ingredients found at any local grocery store that fight the common cold and flu, perfect for this time of year.

All Better Tea
2 lemons
1 tbsp honey
1 inch of fresh ginger
a few mint leaves
3-4 cups of water
Bring everything to a boil

Honey: antibacterial, antiviral, antitumor, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant

Ginger: antiviral, anti-inflammatory, aids digestion,  effective against human respiratory syncytial virus

Lemon: aids digestion
, antiseptic, good source of calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids


I spent most of my day working on the layout of this blog. If you haven't noticed I've been trying out different  themes for the last few weeks. This is my favorite layout, other then the huge generic slideshow with random pictures that I can't seem to figure out how to change. Oh well, I gave up tonight and decided to tackle it tomorrow. 

Looking through my Instagram account I ran across a recipe for cauliflower fritters. It dawned on me I've never had broccoli fritters and that's when the recipe was born.

The dill and feta give the fritter a Greek feel. They were stunning and delicious.



These bad boys are gluten free

3 cups broccoli, steamed and roughly chopped
1/3 cup low fat feta cheese, crumbled
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp fresh dill
2/3 cup almond flour
2 eggs beaten
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper


Steam until slightly tender, dry with paper towels, do not mash

In small bowl combine all ingredients together with hands 

Heat non-stick pan over medium high heat
Spoon 2 tbsp of mixture on pan and gently flatten with spatula

Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side
Fry until golden brown 


That's all today folks, 
Mary 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *