Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Fitness Challenge
Rock those abs

Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to complete 12 reps 4 sets of In-Outs everyday this week

Why Why Why
  • This exercise trains and challenges your transverse abdominals, the muscle that keeps your stomach flat
  • In-Outs are an effective abdominal exercise that tightens your belly while targeting that lower pooch
  • You can do this exercise in the privacy of your own home using only your body weight
  • This exercise also challenges balance and endurance + they burn pretty bad
Materials
Just yourself

Directions


Targets entire core, upper abs, lower abs, balance, cardio endurance, triceps, and inner thighs

Place finger tips on ground 
Engage abdominals, keep head and neck up in neutral alignment 
Knees bent at 90 degree angle, toes a few inches off ground
Extend legs out
Simultaneously bring chest up to meet legs in middle of the body
That's one rep
*Exercise should be completed slow and controlled 
*It's like a crunch while balancing on your booty
*To make it harder hold crunch for 2 seconds
*Keep abdominals engaged throughout entire exercise

My Take
This exercise is killer, effective and makes my abs burn and tremble with fear. I love it! No pain no gain, train insane or remain the same.

Nutrition Challenge


Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to cook more and eat out less over the next 7 days

Why Why Why
  • By preparing your own food you can control the calorie and fat content of your food
  • You usually make better choices about what/how much you eat and drink than you do when you cook your own meals
  • Cooking at home is cheaper then eating out
  • Cooking is relaxing, rewarding and something you can get the entire family to help you with
Materials
  • A few awesome clean recipes
  • Check out my recipe page for quick and healthy recipes

Directions
  • Calculate how often you eat out and shave 2-3 days off 
  • Look for quick and easy recipes you can make during the week
  • Attack longer complicated recipes over the weekend
My Take
My boyfriend and I have been on a strict budget for the past 2-3 years. We finally have a little wiggle room where we can actually afford to eat out 3-4 days a week but we both prefer cooking together instead. He helps me cook dinner and I try out new recipes and techniques, he's also my professional tester. Both of us have  loss weight over the last few months. I attribute the weight kiss to the amount of control we have over our food. I hope you and your love ones enjoy this weeks challenge.

Self Improvement Challenge


Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to be mindful of your body language over the next 7 days

Why Why Why
  • Body language is an extremely effect tool
  • It presents you In a positive or negative light to others 
  • Body language is one of the most important and powerful types of communication in history
  • Educating yourself on body language and the signals your sending to others can: Improve relationships, help you connect better with people, prevent conflicts, improve your presence,open your world to new opportunities and experiences, body language is how we communicate personality, charisma and influence non verbally
Materials
Just yourself

Directions
Here are a few body language tips to get you started on the right track

Exudes Confidence
Open chest and arms while keeping your back straight

Engaging body's gauge
Smiling, nodding in agreement, mirroring, and gesturing 

Unapproachable, protecting yourself
Arms crossed

Open to new experiences and opportunities
Arms open 

Holding something back
Purse lips

Makes other feel welcomed and confident 
Sitting slightly angled instead of directly across from someone


My Take
I 10000% believe and practice body language techniques everyday of my life. My favorites are opening my arms and not playing with my hair, both of these body language cues shows confidence. Following these tips have improved my life both romantically and professionally. 

That's all today folks!
Peace & Love,
Mary



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *