Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Fitness Challenge
Kick it... Kick it real good 

Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to complete front and side kicks 20 reps 4 sets

Why Why Why
  • Kicks tones legs and abdominals
  • This exercise can relives stress
Materials 
  • Just yourself & maybe an awesome playlist 
Directions



Front Kicks
4 sets, 20 reps each leg

Start in a fighting stance hands in fists near chin, palms facing each other protecting face

With knees slightly bent shift weight onto left leg

Lift right knee to the side waist height and kick lower leg to the right  as high as comfortable 

Keep standing leg slightly bent 

*low kicks are a great place to start with this exercise 

*focus on activating your abdominals with every kick

*always look in the direction you are kicking 

Side Kicks
4 sets, 20 reps each leg 

Start in a fighting stance hands in fists near chin, palms facing each other protecting face

With knees slightly bent shift weight onto left leg

Lift right knee to waist height and kick lower let straight out in front of you as high as comfortable 

Keep standing leg slightly bent 

*low kicks are a great place to start with this exercise 

*focus on activating your abdominals with every kick

*always look in the direction you are kicking 

My Take
This exercise seems easy but the more rep you complete the harder it gets. I have a hard time keeping my legs toned, kicks help keep them under control and I can do them anywhere.

Nutrition Challenge


Challenge Synopsis
Cut out or decrease your carb intake at night for the next 7 days 

Why Why Why
  • I do not recommend cutting all carbs out of your diet, carbs are a very important part of a balance diet, they provide energy and manage glucose levels 
  • We usually eat bigger meals at night so cutting back on your carbohydrate intake will force you to consume more vegetables and protein 
Materials
Lots of vegetables to replace your nightly servings of carbohydrates 

Directions
  • Replace carbs with and extra serving of vegetables 
  • Try a carb substitute like cauliflower fried rice, zucchini fries, squash pasta...
  • I'll be featuring no carb side dishes this week 
My Take
I cut carbs out of our diet about 4 months ago and I can really see a difference. I was traveling the last 10 days and ate carbs all day everyday.  I didn't gain any weight but I'm not as toned as I usually am. This week I'm jumping back onto the no carb at night wagon hope you guys join me.

Self Improvement Challenge


Challenge Synopsis
Write down 5 things your happy about everyday this week

Why Why Why
  • This challenge will help remind you to be grateful and thankful everyday 
  • By writing it down you are more likely to remember 
  • Everyone gets a little down sometimes, this challenge should add a little sunshine to your day
  • The holiday day season is upon us, the perfect time to reflect on life 
Materials 
  • Pen & Paper 
  • or Typing App on phone 
Directions
Everyday this week take a few minutes out to jot down 5 reasons why you are happy

Keep your list and share it / post it on your social media sites

My Take
Thanksgiving is coming up, this is the perfect challenge to remind you to be thankful for everything that you have. 

That's all today folks
Peace & Love, 
Mary 









www.bodybuilding.com
www.prevention.com






You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *