Chicken with 30 Garlic Cloves

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,

I'm feeling a little under the weather but I still wanted to post today.
I've been waking up with serious headaches with lots of shooting pains and my eyes are super sensitive to light. I'm not sure what's wrong with me so I'm going to take it easy. Probably has something to do with the changing temperatures outside and all the hugging and handshaking I've been doing lately.

This is my go-to recipe when I don't have much time but the boyfriend is hungry and requesting something hearty.

It tastes better then it looks and it looks pretty dam good.

The Dijon mustard and white wine gives the chicken a tangy French twist. Also, cooking garlic in it's skin makes the garlic sweet and more edible.

Let's dig in

Chicken with 30 garlic cloves 


4 chicken legs 
4 chicken thighs 
2 tbsp vegan butter like Earths Balance 
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup shallots roughly chopped
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup chicken stock
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3 garlic bulbs
Small bunch fresh thyme
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

In large Dutch oven fry chicken in butter and oil
over med to med-high heat until golden on both sides, about 4-5 minutes on each side
Once chicken is brown remove from pan and set aside

Fry shallots until softened and lightly browned 
Stir in flour, gradually mix in wine, stock, mustard and seasoning
Bring to a boil stirring frequently

Separate the garlic cloves but do not peel them
Count our 30 cloves and add to Dutch Oven with 3-4 thyme stems
Add chicken back to mixture
Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender and falling off of the bone 

Serve with cauliflower white rice


Carb free rice substitute 

2 cups raw Cauliflower
Salt 
Pepper

Grate cauliflower 
Add grated cauliflower to medium sized pan 
Cook on med-low heat stirring frequently for 5-7 minutes until cauliflower is soft 
Add salt and pepper to taste

That's all today folks!
Peace & Love,
Mary 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *