Salted Carmel Cupcakes

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,

Yesterday was my Mother's Birthday and we had a great day together.


She arrived at my house promptly at 9:30am. The first stop was a huge gut busting breakfast, then off to Muir Woods to hike through the redwoods and marvel at the beauty of nature.





After a few hours there, we headed back to the city to grab a leisurely lunch in Sausalito. The view is always beautify in the Sauce, Sausalito is the first town over the famous Golden Gate Bridge. If you ever find yourself in the Bay Area you would doing yourself an disservice not to visit this quaint little town. 



We spent the rest of afternoon stuffing our faces and talking about our past and what the future holds for both of us. I enjoy spending time with my mother, it's almost like looking in a mirror, if I become half the woman she is I would be satisfied with my life. 

We were supposed to go to the Observatory of Flowers, but we ended up talking, reminiscing, and hangout until it was time for dinner. 

We both love crab, so we went to the best crab spot in the city, Thang Long. Each ordering and demolished 1 crab a piece. Today I made sure not to stress over my diet, her birthday was my official cheat say.  

After this loooong day together we were both pooped but the night wasn't over yet. We went back to my house for some Salted Carmel Cupcakes, a night cap, and a little singing. I sent her off with a smile around 11pm and crashed right after she left. The women wore me out. 

I made the cup cakes myself and they were scrumptious. I'm sharing the recipe but I want you all to know these are not low fat, low calorie, or gluten free. These cupcakes are the real deal and worth ever bead of sweat I'm going to have to produce to work them off tomorrow.

Chocolate Salted Carmel Cupcakes

Cupcakes
1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla 1 cup string coffee

For cup cakes:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
Line muffin tins




In a large bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Make sure to break up any clumps in this dry mixture


In another bowl combine milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, whisk together to combine

Add wet mixture to dry mixture

Add coffee and stir well until blended and smooth


Divide batter among cups and make for 20-25 minutes until spongy to touch

When done tip cupcakes in tins to allow steam to escape or remove cupcakes from tin and place on a wire rack

Frosting
1/2 cup butter at room temp
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups powder sugar
1-2 tbsp milk

Beat butter, brown sugar, syrup, vanilla until light and fluffy beat powdered sugar and milk

Add a little extra milk if needed to get the correct consistency

Allow frosting to chill

Spoon in pipping bag with large star tip or plastic bag cutting a small hole in one of the corners of the bag creating a makeshift frosting bag

Pipe frosting over cooled cupcakes
Don't laugh at my piping job, this was my first time icing anything, lol

Salted Carmel

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water 
1 tsp lemon juice
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp sea salt

Stir together sugar, water, lemon juice in small saucepan and place over med-high heat

When it comes to a boil stop stirring and swirl the pan often cooking until it turns a golden color. 

When it starts to change colors remove pan from heat but continue to swirl until mixture turns a deep golden color, the color of maple syrup 

Whisk in cream, it will foam up

Whisk salt and let cool to room temp


Place in sweet bottle and run bottle under hot water to make Carmel easier to spread 

Drizzle over cupcakes

Top with a pinch of sea salt


And kiss your diet goodbye!


That's it day folks!
Blessings 
Mary 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *