Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
It's Challenge Monday's Guys!

Time to get to work

Fitness Challenge

I challenge you to complete my 
Medicine Ball Total Body Toning Workout

Challenge Synopsis
Complete my Medicine Ball Total Body Toning Workout 3-4 days this week, or add these exercises to your daily workout routine

Why Why Why

  • Medicine Ball training is suitable for all ages, fitness levels, shapes, and sizes
  • Medicine Balls can build muscle power and strengthen your core
  • Ancient Greeks exercised with weighted balls, it is one of the oldest forms of exercise equipment
  • Training with weighted balls helps improve total body power, muscular endurance, flexibility and more

Materials

  • Will-power
  • Water
  • Exercise Mat
  • Medicine Ball
  • ** start with lighter medicine balls around 1-5 pounds

Directions

Complete each exercise 
12 reps 3xs 
for a quick total body tone

These exercises are designed to challenge your entire body
Complete all exercises slow and controlled, do not rush this routine, you will want to, but don't 



Medicine Ball Chest Flys



Targets: Chest, arms, core, muscle endurance
Lying on back, arms spread straight out to to sides, you should look like a cross
Using your left hand lift medicine ball directly up, meeting your right arm in the middle of your body over your face
Now lower your right arm until it hits the floor, as soon as it touches pull ball back up to middle of body and switch ball to left hand
That's one rep
Perform each rep with non stop momentum 


Medicine Ball Push Ups


Targets: Arms, back, chest, core, endurance
Perform a regular push up, moving the medicine ball from 1 hand to the other, challenging your balance


Medicine Ball Standing Figure 8s 


Targets: Chest, arms, core, legs
Stand in a slight squat, feet hip width apart, holding medicine ball in middle of chest
Without moving your body only using your arms make a figure 8 with ball
Preform each rep with non stop momentum


Medicine Ball Sit Ups with Toss




Targets: Arms, back, core, endurance
Complete a sit up, holding medicine ball at chest, toss ball up in air and catch
As soon as you catch ball lay back down and do another sit-up
Preform each rep with non stop momentum

My Take 
I tend to get bored with my workouts. I have to constantly change my routines or I'll get tired of doing the same things over and over again. With medicine balls basic movements become challenging, making small and controlled movements become difficult. The figure 8 exercise is deceivingly hard, so are the ball flys. I hope you decided to join in on the fun. 


Nutrition Challenge

Lighten Up your Desserts

Challenge Synopsis

  • I challenge you to try some new low calories desserts this week
  • You don't have to sacrifice your sweet tooth to stay true to your diet
  • Times have changed, low fat desserts don't taste like cardboard anymore
Why Why Why

  • When you repress your cravings your more likely to quit your diet all-together
  • Sweets can give you comfort or trigger old memories 
  • Studies have proven some people have strong genetic predilection for sweets. You can not repress that!

Materials

  • Low calorie desserts
  • Low calorie dessert recipes
  • An open mind
  • Creativity


Directions

  • If you like dessert don't skip it
  • Find low cal low fat desserts to enjoy
  • I'll be posting recipes throughout the week, so stay tuned

My Take
I grew up eating dessert every night. My Mother made cakes, pies, cookies, and bread from scratch weekly. If you don't know what "scratch" is that means everything always started with eggs, butter, milk, and flour. No boxed cakes or freezer cookies in our house. That means I got hooked on the good stuff and I find myself craving sweets after all of my meals. I've been fighting the urges to eat sweets but I'm miserable when I don't. I'm trying out some tantalizing looking low fat recipes. We are all evolving together. 


Self Improvement Challenge

Sit up straight, pull those shoulders back, and hold your head high


Challenge Synopsis

  • Research shows that people with good posture have more confidence rather than those who slouch
  • Good posture effects your brain in a positive way
  • Good posture can alleviate physical pain


Why Why Why

  • Good posture promotes good breathing, that enables you to breath properly. there is a big difference in the amount of air you can inhale by sitting straight up 
  • When you are sitting up straight and breathing properly you can increase the oxygen that goes to your brain
  • The brain requires 20% of oxygen to properly function
  • People with good posture look more confident, attractive, and smart

Materials

  • Strong will
  • Strong mind
  • Small notes around your home and office reminding you to check your posture

Directions



My Take 
I've always had large breast and when I was at my heaviest I was constantly in pain. My back and shoulders felt as if they were hold up the weight of the wold. All the back and shoulder pain encouraged me to slouch over, trying to compensate for the weight. Now that I lost over 100 pounds the pain lessened but never went 100% away. When I focus on my posture, sitting straight up, pulling my shoulder back and making sure my chin is not glued to my chest I am more confident, sexy, and my back pain floats away. Many people slouch and don't even realize it. For the next 7 days try to improve and self-correct your posture. You will be happy you did.

That's all today!
Blessings,
Mary 

References:
www.fitboard.com
www.personalexcellence.com
www.stylecraze.com
www.sparkpeople.com
www.cookinglight.com
www.womanshealthmag.com




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *