Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends!
It's Challenge Mondays again!


Fitness Challenge
I challenge you to complete my yoga abs workout 3-4 days this week 

Challenge Synopsis
  • Complete my yoga abs workout 3-4 days this week
  • This is a slow and controlled workout routine that requires no equipment
Why Why Why
  • Yoga ab exercises look easy but they are not
  • Every yoga movement requires well developed abdominals as well as a strong back
  • Instead of completing 100s of crunches this workout focuses on abdominals strength and flexibility at the same time
Materials
  • Water
  • Exercise mat
  • Will power
  • Strong mind and body
Directions
Complete as many reps as possible in 60 seconds 
complete 4 rounds of this exercise 


Plank Pike 


Targets entire body
Starting in plank position feet slightly higher than hip width apart, abdominals always engaged
Engages your abdominals as you lift your hips up in the air, pressing chest back towards thighs, like an upside down V
Return to start
Complete as many as possible in 60 seconds

Make Take
My trip to Costa Rica is getting closer and closer as the days fly by and I have to be bikini ready. I do a lot of abdominal work, while sprinkling in yoga to my everyday routines. Instead of the no pain no gain mentality, yoga moves are mostly slow and controlled which tend to challenge my entire body. This exercise looks easy but it is not, get ready to tone up your entire body with one full body move.

Nutrition Challenge
I challenge you to eat more melon this week


Challenge Synopsis
Eat at least one serving of fresh melon every day this week

Why Why Why 
  • Melons contain antioxidants vitamins and minerals
  • Melons help prevent: 
    • certain cancers 
    • birth defects 
    • high blood pressure 
    • heart disease 
    • prostate cancer 
    • obesity 
    • colon cancer 
    • common colds 
    • the flu
    • can help improve a poor digestive system
Materials
Melons: Watermelon, cantaloupe, and honey dew

Directions
  • EAT at least one serving of melon a day for the next 7 days
  • Get creative by putting them in salads, smoothies, non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks

My Take
I defiantly don't eat as much melon as I should, this week I'm taking this challenge on with all of you guys. I was pleasantly surprised by all of the health and beauty benefits that eating melon provides. I will be featuring some melon recipes on my blog this week

Self Improvement Challenge
I challenge you to take 1 class this week in a subject that interests you

Challenge Synopsis
Find classes in your area with subject you are interested in

Why Why Why
  • Research shows participating in a class you are interested at an older age sparks your creativity and helps builds self esteem and confidence
  • Everyday we grow older and our interest and dreams usually get pushed to the back burner
  • Joining a class and learning a new skill or talent allows you to get out of your comfort zone 
  • You will never evolve into the person you were born to become until you pursue your interests, goals, and dreams 
Materials
  • An open mind
  • A little extra time
Directions
  • Find classes in your area by visiting meetup.com or other organizational websites
  • Look for classes the interest at you like: painting sculpting drawing public speaking knitting writing book club etc
  • After you find your dream class actually attend 
My Take
Over the years I've pushed myself into uncomfortable situations and I've only become a better person for it. This week I plan on attending a knitting class that I've been putting off for the last few years. I love knitting but I need help creating harder designs and patterns. Instead of giving up and continuing to make scarfs for the rest of my life I found a knitting class less than 3 minutes away from my house. They have a free class every Tuesday where they teach you how to create different patterns and help you with harder designs. This is right up my alley. If I can improve my knitting techniques I can give away some beautiful hand knitted creations for Christmas this year, and I'm looking forward to that. 

That's it today folks, 
Blessings,
Mary 

References:




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *