Natural Ways to Shrink Your Pores

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends, 
It's Friday! We made it through another week! WhoooooHooooo!!!!!


I'm looking forward to hanging out with my best friend this weekend. She's been traveling and I've been busy with new clients, our schedules have finally aligned and I am planning an entire Saturday of friendship and fun. 

My original plan was to go to trampoline world or maybe a fun cooking or pottery class, but my Mother and my Boyfriend both don't want me to go to trampoline land. They swear I will get hurt. Don't they know I'm strong like bull? Oh well, if those two say no, I have enough love and respect for them not to go. I had the genius idea to go to the batting cages instead. Whatever we do it's going to be fun. Hopefully the weather holds up so I can show off my constantly changing and evolving physic. 

I've dropped a couple of pounds and my body is getting tighter. I still have a ways to go, but I love my ever changing body and fitness results. I always try to enjoy the journey not just the destination. 

I've been checking my face out in the mirror since I was old enough to understand what a reflection really was. 

Lately I've noticed how large my pores are. I'm 31 and I have never wore makeup. My skin is usually nice and supple, but lately I've noticed my pores seem to be growing. Ugh! Not OK!

You guys know I'm a natural beauty remedy girl, so instead of going to a dermatologist find a chemically based solution I figured I'll try some home remedies first. 

First we must educate ourselves on pores.

What are skin pores?

  1. Skin pores
  2. skin pore is an opening that allows oil produced by the sebaceous glands underneath the skin to emerge. The oil, called sebum, can act like a glue, binding with dead skin cells to block the opening. As the gland continues to produce oil, this can build up and eventually form a pimple -www.wiki.com
What causes large pores?
The 2 main factors that contribute to enlarge pores are: genetics and age. People who have naturally thick and oily skin tend to have larger pores compared to people with dry, thin skin. As you age sun damage and decreased skin elasticity can also cause pores to dilate 
Pore Facts
  • Pores are essential to skin health, they provide oil to keep skin soft and hydrated
  • Pores are more prominent when dilated, infected or clogged with oil 
  • Clogged pores make them look larger then they actually are
  • It is impossible to shrink your pores "permanently" but there are many ways to make large pores less noticeable 
Natural Home Remedies 
to Shrink Pores
Now comes the good stuff. What you all have been waiting for:
ICE!

Rub ice cubes gently along your face/pores for 15-30 seconds
This will have a tightening effect on your skin

Baking Soda Paste

Create a paste using 1 tbs baking soda and 1 tbs water 
Massage paste into skin in a circular motion
Let sit for 1-2 minutes and rinse with warm water
Splash face with cold water to close pores
Use as part of your nightly beauty regiment 5-7 days a week for 1 week
You should see a noticeable difference
Baking Soda help minimize pores and fights acne by balancing the ph levels in your skin
*If you have sensitive skin baking soda may irritate it
Egg White + Cornstarch

Create a paste using 1 egg white and 1 tbs corn starch
Whip with fork until frothy
Apply mask to face and let sit for 5 minutes or until completely dried
Rinse with warm water
Splash face with cold water to close pores
Repeat 1-2 times a week

Mash Tomatoes

Mash a tomato making a paste
Apply to face and let sit for 10-15 minutes
Rinse with warm water
Splash face with cold water to close pores
*If you have oily skin add oatmeal to tomato paste
**If you have dry skin add yogurt to tomato paste
Lemon Juice Toner

Juice 1/2 a lemon and apply to face nightly with cotton ball
*Lemon is a natural astringent that will close pores and lighten blemishes
*If you have sensitive skin, mix 1 part lemon juice with 2 parts water
More Pore Decreasing Tips
  • Always use water based skin products rather than oil based ones
  • Cold compresses and ice packs are a great way to close open pores
  • Make sure to drink lots of water and eat a lot of fruit
  • Exfoliate a few times a week to remove any excess dead cells and dirt build up 
  • Always wear sun screen

Alrighty friends
That's all I have for you today!
Blessings,
Mary 

References:



 


What are skin pores?






You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *