Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends!
It's challenge Monday! Are you ready for a challenge???

Fitness Challenge
I challenge you to complete my 'Bridging' workout 3-5 days this week

Challenge Synopsis

  • Complete my 'Bridging' workout 3-5 days this week
Why Why Why

  • Bridges isolates and strengthens the glutes (butt) muscles, hamstrings, lowerback and core
  • Bridge exercises are considered a basic rehab exercise to improve core and stability
  • Bridges tone legs, core, and dat booty
  • This routine will tighten up that juggle
Materials

  • Water
  • Will Power
  • Exercise Mat
Directions

Complete 
3 sets of 10 reps of each exercise

Regular Bridges


Single Leg Bridges

Swing Bridges


Bridge Kicks

Scissor Bridges



How to complete a Bridge

  • Lie on back with knees bent and your feet flat on the floor spine neutral, palms facing down towards mat
  • Keep you torso flat in one piece, press feet into floor/mat, squeeze your butt as you lift your hips up and off the mat
  • Come up high enough that your body makes a straight line from your shoulders to your knees
  • Hold your body in bridge for 1-2 seconds 
  • Maintain a neutral spine as you come back down to the mat.
  • That's one rep
Single Leg Bridge

  • Same a regular bridge 
  • As you lift your hips slowly raise and extend one leg *Maintain a straight line from your shoulders to that extended leg
Swing Bridges

  • Lift hips to bridge position and make a 1/2 circle with your hips
  • Keep hips lifted and complete reps
Bridge Kicks 

  • Press hips up off the floor and kick your right leg out while lifting. Leg comes back in when lowering hipsThat's one rep
Bridge Scissors 

  • Lift hips into bridge position while hips are lifted move right leg up and down like scissors. Complete desired reps with out lowering hips
  • *make sure to keep a neutral spine, do not tip over to opposite side
My Take
I like bridges, I like them so much I do different variation of bridging exercises on a regular bases. They kill my butt, back, legs, and core. I just discovered bridge scissors and they are one of the most challenging core exercises I've ever completed. My abdominals squeal with joy and my thighs always tighten up around the 3 sets. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do.

Nutrition Challenge

I challenge you to get more creative with your chicken this week
**If you do not eat meat, like me, get more creative with your vegetables this week

Challenge Synopsis

  • Try new chicken recipes this week, 
  • Get out of your comfort zone and experiment in the kitchen
Materials

Why Why Why

  • Chicken can distinguish over 100 faces of their own species
  • Chickens love to sun bathe
Directions

  • Eat more chicken this week
  • Try new chicken recipes
  • I will be featuring easy healthy chicken recipes all week so stay tuned
My Take
I don't eat meat, but my boyfriend does. I cook a lot of chicken so I have to keep changing up my recipes to make sure he doesn't get tired of eating chicken. I will be sharing some of his favorite chicken recipes this week. Stay tuned, I'm hoping to add a little flavor to your kitchen. 

Self Improvement Challenge
I challenge you to complete 5-6 random acts of kindness this week

Challenge Synopsis

  • Complete 5-6 random acts of kindness this week
  • Do kind acts for random people, That's right... help out strangers

Why Why Why 

  • Research has proven doing good deeds for random people can make socially anxious people feel better
  • When you are kind to others you feel like a better person, more moral, optimistic, and positive
  • Random Acts of Kindness release a hormone called nitric oxide a "carido protective" hormone that protects your heart by lowering your blood pressure
  • Random Acts of Kindness motivates and inspires others to do good kind things for their fellow man
Materials

  • A kind heart
  • An open mind
  • A little extra time
Directions

  • Here are some examples of Random Acts of Kindness
    • Fill someones expired meter
    • Pay toll for the person behind you
    • Buy a coffee for someone you don't know
    • Get extra food and pass it out 
    • Complement a stranger
    • Pay buss fair for the person behind you 
    • Let people merge in traffic
    • Send a letter to a friend
    • Call everyone you know and tell them you love them
    • Give old clothes to the homeless or needy
    • Bring donuts to work
    • Let someone sit on a crowed buss or subway 
My Take
I am a random act of kindness ambassador. When I have a lot of money I plan on feeding the homeless with my homemade concoctions; but until then I make sure to pay it forward. I refill expiring meters and much much more. 

A week ago I went into my local Walgreens to purchase smart water that was on sale. The lady in front of me had a little girl with her and was trying to purchase garbage bags, she was counting change. I heard her tell to her daughter, 
"We don't have enough money, let her go in front of us."
 As young as that little girl was she looked embarrassed. I grabbed the garbage bags and ask the cashier to put it on my bill. The lady looked at me and told me I didn't have to do that. I told her it was no biggie, we all go through it, and not to worry about it. I was just happy I was able to help. She grabbed her garbage bags thanked me, told her daughter to thank me and they quickly left the store.

The cashier thanked me and shared that the young lady came into store 9-10 times the previous day purchasing cold water. When asked why she was buying so much water she explained, there was a baseball tournament and the umpires had no water and had no time to purchase water, so she brought everyone water. It was 90 degrees that day. 

That's when I realized I was just paying it forward. I was her blessing for a blessing she had given to others. Each one teach one. Now get out there and help somebody out, even a smile goes a long way. 

That's all today
Blessings,
Mary 

Refrences:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.nationalchickencouncil.com



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *