Low Fat Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,

Looks like a lot of you really enjoyed my Moroccan chicken recipe yesterday. Today we are making Low Fat Chicken Philly Cheese Steaks. 

I've been to Philadelphia a few times and I've had my fair share of Philly Cheese Steaks, those were my pre-vegetarian days. My boyfriend was craving one and I decided to make a low fat version. I was more than a little nervous to try my hand at an American classic, but I always try to listen to my own advice, and I tell everyone else to be brave in the kitchen. I was brave and they came out wonderfully, plus it only took me 30 minutes to whip these bad boys up. 

 Chicken Philly Cheese Steaks

3-4 cloves garlic
2 tbs olive oil
1 pound chicken thighs, skinless and boneless you can also use chicken breast 
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 small onions sliced
pinch salt 
pinch pepper
Whole Wheat Sandwich Rolls
Low fat Provolone cheese

Arrange chicken in a single layer in a plastic zip lock bag
Freeze chicken for 5-10 minutes to make it easier to cut into strip
Cut chicken into strips

Heat large pan on med heat
Add olive oil, garlic, and 1/2 of the onions
Saute until soft about 5 minutes

Add Striped Chicken to pan
Season with salt and pepper
Allow to cook all the way through - about 20-25 minutes

15 minutes into cooking chicken add remaining onions and all bell peppers
Stir constantly until chicken is done and onions and peppers are soft yet crisp

Remove Chicken from heat and set aside


Place Sandwich rolls on oven safe pan
Add 3-4 tbs of chicken, onion, and bell pepper mixture on bun

Add 1 piece of Provolone cheese on top of mixture
Place in oven and allow cheese to melt - about 2-3 minutes

DEVOUR!!!

The recipe is simple, to cut even more fat out of these cheese steaks only add a 1/2 piece of cheese
I served oven fried french fries with the Cheese Steaks
Cut 2 large potatoes into thick strips
Season with salt and pepper
Lightly spray with olive oil
Place in oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees
Once potatoes and cooked all the way through broil for 3-5 minutes to add color and crisp potatoes



That's it folks!
I hope you enjoyed chicken week
Tomorrow we are talking about cramps, where they come from, and how to power through them.

Blessings
Mary 




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *