Chicken Enchiladas

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends, 
This week is chicken week. I will be sharing some of my favorite chicken recipes. Most if not all of the recipes that I share on this blog are healthy. I'm a cooking light fan so a lot of my recipes are adapted from there cook books and magazines. I never have hours to spend in the kitchen so pretty much all of my recipes take under an hour to prepare. Who has the time to spend hours in the kitchen? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, even when I have the time I would rather whip something up quick and healthy, and spend the rest of my time doing whatever I want to do. 

Today I'm sharing my Chicken enchiladas
This is an Evolve with Mary Original recipe

Last week I decided to make chicken enchiladas for my boyfriend. He got pretty excited, which made me nervous. When he really looks forward to a meal I feel pressure to make it great. Since it's not my first time on this rodeo I asked him to help me pick out some yummy sauces. 


We picked these two sauces, mixed them together and created one of the most flavorful enchiladas sauces we have both have ever tasted. 

It took about 1 hour to make these delicious enchiladas


Tony's Chicken Enchiladas



1 - 28oz can of Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
1 - 12oz bottle of La Victoria, Salsa Brava Hot Sauce
1 package whole wheat tortillas 
1-2 cups shredded  low fat Mexican blended cheese
1-2 cup crumbled or shredded low fat Queso Fresco Cheese
1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast
Pinch Salt
Pinch Pepper
1 sliced onion
1/2 clove garlic pressed 1/4 cup cilantro chopped optional
1/4 cup green onions  optional 


Combine entire can of Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce and 1/2 the bottle of La Victoria Salsa Brava Hot Sauce in large bowl, mix well and set aside



Heat large skillet and brown chicken thighs on med-high heat for 3-5 minutes, each side
Season with salt and pepper
This brings out a lot of flavor



In bigger pan sauté garlic and 1/2 of sliced onions until onions are soft
Add around 2 cups of pre-made sauce and chicken
Mke sure chicken is completely coverd with sauce 
Place lid on pot 



Cook on medium heat until chicken shreds with a fork


In another pan Saute onions and bell peppers until soft but not over cooked 


Remove veggies from pan and place in bowl 
Remove chicken from heat and set aside



Heat small sauté pan to low heat
Add 2 tbs of reserved enchilada sauce to pan
Place tortilla on top of sauce and let cook for 1-2 minutes
flip tortilla and cook on opposite side for 1-2 minutes


 

Carefully remove tortilla from pan and place on a plate
Add 1-2 tbs shredded chicken and vegetables
1-2 tbs Queso Fresco Cheese



Roll tortilla up and place seam side down in ceramic pan



Continue with this process until all chicken is used, or you run out of tortillas
You should have around 8-10 enchiladas

Once all enchiladas are placed in ceramic pan seam side down 
Cover with remaining sauce
Sprinkle Mexican Blended Cheese  

Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes
Cheese should be melted and enchiladas cooked all the way through

Remove from oven
top with Cilantro and Green onions
Serve Immediately 



These bad boys go quick in my house. 
I hope you enjoy the recipe!

Blessings
Mary 




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *