Super Hero Spices

/
0 Comments
Happy Friday!
I’m up in the air, literally… :) I figured we should finish this week off by listing the some of the worlds healthiest spices. This weeks nutrition challenge was a fun one, I utilized turmeric, sage, coriander, fresh cilantro and parsley in most of my meals. I added cinnamon to my green smoothies, and made a fresh tea out of peppermint and ginger. I’m going to keep my spice heavy diet going for as long as possible. Ancient societies have been utilizing herbs for medical treatments for centuries and they have less chronic pain and illness than western society. My goal is to live a long, healthy, flavorful life and herbs are going to help me do just that.
 

SAGE

sage
  • Preserves and improves memory
  • Soothes sore throat
  • Improves some symptoms of early Alzheimer’s disease
  • Effective pain-reliever
  • Has anti-bacterial properties
  • Anti-inflammatory effects
  • Aids with stress
  • Can clean acne and other skin issues
 

ROSEMARY

rosemary
  • Enhances mental focus and concentration
  • Fights food borne bacteria
  • Improves memory
  • Rich source of antioxidants
  • Contains anti-inflammatory properties
  • Protects against muscular degeneration
  • Improves digestion

TURMERIC

tumeric
  • Relieves common cold symptoms
  • Relieves respiratory issues
  • Aids in arthritis pain
  • Potential cancer treatment, particularly colon, prostate, and breast cancer
  • Inhibits tumor cell growth
  • Contains anti-inflammatory properties
  • Manages heart disease

CHILE PEPPER

red pepper


  • Boosts metabolism
  • Trippers body’s natural cooling system
  • Revs up metabolism
  • Fat burner
  • Lowers risk of ulcers
  • Aids with heart disease

GINGER

ginger
  • Soothes upset-stomach
  • Rich in inflammation fighting compounds
  • Helps fight some cancers
  • Aids in muscle pain
  • Can relieves osteoarthritis pain in knees
  • Reduces nausea

CINNAMON

cinnamon
  • Boosts appetite
  • Relieves indigestion
  • Stabilizes blood sugar levels
  • Lowers risk of heart disease
  • Has anti-inflammatory properties
  • Rich in antioxidants
  • Improves sensitivity to insulin

SAFFRON

saffron
  • Mood enhancer
  • Relieves PMS symptoms
  • Relieves depression symptoms
  • Aids in heart disease
  • Helps maintain healthy blood pressures
  • Enhances complexion

PARSLEY

parsley
  • Can inhibit breast cancer cell growth
  • Rich in vitamins
  • Strengthen immune system
  • Strengthen bones
  • Flushes extra fluid from body
  • Supports kidney function
  • Helps maintain healthy blood pressure
Peace & Love,
Mary
 
 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *