Valentines Day Lobster

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,
I'm feeling extra sexy today. Do you have sexy days where you feel on top of the world and your body looks and feels great. Today is one of those days for me and I'm basking in it, taking it all in, and hoping this feeling stays around for a while. Don't get me wrong I'm still not a size 2 and I still have a little extra cushion that I would love to get rid of, but today all that doesn't matter. My crazy cardio workout routine is finally showing, my butt, legs, arms, hips and core have tightened up and my little belly is shrinking. I've been pushing myself like crazy and it's finally paying off. I've also been maintaining a clean diet and my body has responded in a positive way. This is the week that I incorporate Bikram yoga into my routine. I'm hoping to make it to class tomorrow but I might not considering I'm going to stay up late tonight and work on transferring this blog from Blogger to Wordpress. Just a few more all-nighters should do the trick.
I had an amazing Valentines Day with the Boyfriend. I woke up early and exercised on the deck, he suggested we drive to Napa for lunch and pick up ingredients for us to cook that night. It was a beautiful Northern California day, about 75 degrees with no wind chill, it was perfect. We ate at Farmstead my favorite restaurant in St. Helena, about 10 minutes from Napa, hit up a few specialty grocery stores to grab supplies an a few nice bottles of wine. We didn't get home until 7pm which was fine with us. Tony is an excellent cook, we made scalloped potatoes, mixed vegetables and broiled lobster, everything was delicious. 
I've been in this relationship with Tony for 5 years and I'm still giddy when we get to spend time together. It's the weirdest thing, I'm usually bored around year 2, but Tony makes me laugh and keeps me on my toes. I require a lot of attention in relationships and somehow he's keeping me happy. We had a wonderful low-key Valentines day just like we wanted. 
Processed with Moldiv
Check out my Valentines nails
Processed with Moldiv

Today I had lunch with a friend of mine and got to share a few things that have been on my mind. There's nothing like girl time, I don't have many friends but the ones I do have mean the world to me. I don't feel like cooking tonight so we will be going out to dinner somewhere, preferably in the city. 
There is an art to cooking lobster. Tony and I have mastered it and I want like to share our technique with you.  Lobster is easier then you would think to prepare. 

HOW TO COOK LOBSTER

  1. Preheat the broiler 
  2. Place lobster tails on a baking sheet 
  3. With a sharp knife or kitchen shears, carefully cut top side of lobster shells lengthwise, stop when you get to the tail
  4. Pull out lobster meat so it sits on top of the shell or open up shell to expose lobster meat
  5. Season lobster with whatever you want, we used vegan butter, salt, pepper, olive oil, fresh garlic, and chili flakes 
  6. Broil lobster tails until lightly browned and lobster meat is opaque, about 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size
  7. DEVOUR! 
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv 
Peace & Love,
Mary 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *