Honey Roasted Chicken

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends, 
I'm heading to Florida tomorrow!!! I had a few moments of sadness while packing, my bikinis aren't looking as hot as I want them to. Today was a bad body image day, oh well, I have those. I have to take the good with the bad and try to remember not to be so hard on myself. When I'm feeling down and over-weight I like to watch my workout videos. Seeing a video I made 7 days ago reminds me I'm not 300+ pounds anymore. My Fitness Challenges inspire me to keep moving forward and stay positive no matter how I feel. I think I'll be fighting my body image issues for a long time, but I'm up for the fight. I want all of you to know I'm not perfect, I have good days and bad, but regardless of what I'm feeling I will always exude confidence. Thank god for positive affirmations. 
After my own personal pep talk let's get on to this recipe. I don't eat meat but the boyfriend does and I don't want to make this blog a strictly plant-based one. Just because I don't eat meat doesn't mean all of you don't. I love this recipe, the roasted parsnips and red onions are sweet like candy.

Processed with Moldiv

1 large parsnip - cut into 1-inch chunks 
1 large white turnips - cut into 1-inch chunks 
2 small red onions - cut into 1-inch wedges 
2 tbsp red-wine vinegar 
2 tbsp olive oil 
1 tsp dried thyme 
Sea salt and ground pepper 
2 tbsp fresh parsley - chopped 
4 chicken thighs - bone-in and skin-on
4 chicken legs - bone-in and skin-on 
1-2 tbsp honey 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees 
On large rimmed baking sheet toss parsnips, turnips, and onions with vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp thyme, sea salt and pepper to taste 
In small bowl combine parsley, 1/2 tsp thyme, sea salt and pepper to taste 
Carefully slide fingers under chicken skin to loosen 
Spread parsley mixture  under and on top of skin 
Push vegetables to edges of baking sheet, place chicken pieces in center and roast 30 minutes 
In a small bowl combine honey and 1 tbsp olive oil 
Remove baking sheet from oven, generously brush chicken with honey mixture 
Roast another 30 minutes or until thigh juice runs clean when meat is pierced Serve immediately
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Peace & Love, 
Mary  

 




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *