Benefits of Spicy Food

/
0 Comments
HI Friends,
My body is sore as all H-E-(DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS) so I decided to make today a rest day. I try to rest 1-2 days a week and I don't plan it, it's always a treat to not have to workout that day. Sometimes its a treat and a curse since I alway feel a little guilty if I don't work up a good sweat. My training is going well but I freaked out a little last night when I realized we would be in Miami within 10 days. I've been to Miami many times but never while training for a crazy race. I need to stay on track with my exercise routine but it's nearly impossible to workout inside in 80 degree heat. I don't think I'll be ready to run by then so I'm hoping I'll be successful this time around. It will take a lot of willpower to be stuck in a gym for hours at a time, but I believe I can do it. I have to do something I've never done to get results I've never seen. 
This weeks Nutrition Challenge is to eat more Spicy foods. 
I made up this cute chart as a quick reference.
Processed with Moldiv
I wanted to give you guys a little more information

BENEFITS OF EATING SPICY FOODS 

WEIGHT LOSS

  • Adding hot sauce or certain spices to foods can help you stick to your diet, it adds a needed kick and makes food fun and more satisfying to eat
  • Chili peppers can boost your metabolism and help you to continually burn calories long after your done eating  

HEART HEALTH

  • Cultures that eat the most spicy foods have lower heart attacks and stroke rates
  • Chili peppers can reduce the effects of LDL (bad cholesterol)
  • Fights inflammation --- a risk factor in heart attacks

CANCER PREVENTION

  • Capsaicin - an active component in chili peppers - has the ability to kill some cancers and fight leukemic cells
  • Slows the spread of cancer and tumor growths
  • Capsaicin has the same effect as some cancer drugs

LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE

  • Vitamin A & C in chili peppers increase blood flow through your entire body
  • Strengthens cardiovascular system

AIDS IN DEPRESSION AND STRESS

  • Spicy foods boosts products of serotonin - the feel good hormone 
  • This hormone can help ease depression and stress
Peace & Love, 
Mary 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *