Wacky facts about Herbs & Spices

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,
I had a wonderful weekend hanging out with my Mother. We went for a long hike, drank green smoothies, and had a crab feast. I got a little off track with my clean eating,  and broke  a few of my no bread after 2pm and late night snacking rules. Surprisingly I'm not beating myself up, I really hope that part of my life is over. I'm trying to find some levity and clarity with my diet. Less scrutiny about what I put into my mouth would make me a lot happier. Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed.
I spent 4 hours last night creating the herb and spice poster I used for my Nutrition Challenge. It came out great but who knew it was going to take that long. Once I was 2 hours in I didn't want to give up but a smarter person might have. I'm all over herbs and spices this week and want to keep this subject fun and interesting. I ran across some amusing facts that I had to share with all of you.
Processed with Moldiv
  1. Trinidad Moruga Scorpion chili, the worlds hottest chili pepper can burn its way through latex gloves - source
  2. Ancient Greeks and Romans believed basil would only grow if you screamed wild curses and shouted while sowing the seeds - source
  3. The Cinnamon Challenge is dangerous and can cause  lunge damage - source
  4. Turmeric (found in curry powder) has exceptional effects on Alzheimer's symptoms, it currently outperforms all known Alzheimer's drugs  - source
  5. Fenugreek promotes lactation in nursing mothers and makes your sweat and pee smell like maple syrup - source
  6. Most wasabi sold in the US is just horseradish with food coloring - source
  7. Before electricity there were Spice Clocks - a clock  that opened a different compartment of spices each hour so people walking at night could taste the time before going back to sleep - source
  8. Cilantro and Coriander Leaves are the same thing - source
All facts obtained here
Peace & Love,
Mary


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *