Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments

FITNESS CHALLENGE

I challenge you to complete my very first HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout 5-6 days this week

WHY WHY WHY

  • HIIT - High intensity interval training - is an enhanced form of interval training where you alternate periods of short intense exercise with less intense recovery period for example: 50 seconds of intense workout and 10 seconds of rest 
  • These short workouts provide improved athletic capacity, conditioning, improved metabolism and improved fat burning
  • Studies prove that just 2 weeks of HIIT can substantially improve your overall heath
  • Summer bodies are created in the winter!

MATERIALS

  • Timer - CLICK HERE to download my favorite free interval app

DIRECTIONS

 MY FRIST HIIT WORKOUT

Complete 50 seconds reps of each exercise
rest for 10 seconds between each set
4 sets of each exercise
*for low impact versions of each exercise email at evolvewithmary@gmail.com

Frog Jumps - 50 seconds 
10 second rest
Mountain Climbers - 50 seconds 
10 second rest
Butt Kicks - 50 seconds
10 second rest
Up Downs - 50 seconds
10 second rest
High Knees - 50 seconds
10 second rest
Plank Reaches - 50 seconds
10 second rest
REPEAT 4 TIMES
SWEAT LIKE A PIG...LOOK LIKE A FOX

MY TAKE

I've spent the weekend at my Mother's so I wasn't able to complete my normal balls to the wall super sweaty workouts. I've heard of HIIT training for years but never had the desire to try it. I designed and completed my first workout Friday and it kicked my butt. I could hardly breathe, I wanted to stop after the first round but pushed myself to keep going. I think you guys will love and hate me for this one. #HIIT #sweatlikeadog #ithurtssogood

NUTRITION CHALLENGE

I CHALLENGE YOU TO ADD MORE HERBS AND SPICES TO YOUR DIET THIS WEEK

Processed with Moldiv

WHY WHY WHY

  • Herbs and spices add flavor to food but that's only scratches the surface of their abilities
  • Certain herbs and spices, fresh and dried, can fight the common cold, boost your immune system, aid in weight loss, help with aches and pains, prevent and treat cancer and much much more
  • Ancient societies in Egypt, Greece, China, Roma and Sumeria have been utilizing plants for medical healing for centuries
  • The World Health Organization reports that 80% of the world population still depend on herbal medicine for at least a portion of their health care

MATERIALS

  • Lots of different herb and spices 

MY TAKE

I grew up in a family that believed in holistic healing. I wasn't allowed to take aspirin if I had a headache, I was told to drink more water or take a nap. Now that I'm older I really appreciate how I was raised and I constantly educated myself on what I should and shouldn't put into my body. This weeks challenge is a great one!

SELF IMPROVEMENT CHALLENGE


WRITE A "I LIKE THAT YOU ARE..." 

NOTE/TEXT/ EMAIL TO SOMEONE SPECIAL

 EVERYDAY THIS WEEK

WHY WHY WHY

  • Words carry enormous weight, often time more than we think
  • You can impact people for minutes, days, months and years with a few kind words
  • Everyone is fighting a battle that no one knows about, by reaching out and sending an encouraging word you can enrich and enhance someones life
  • Positive words build people up and can shape their subconscious
  • You can empower everyone around you with a few simple text, note, letter, or email

MATERIALS

  • Yourself
  • your contacts

DIRECTIONS

  • Everyday this week pick one person you know and send them  "I like that you are..."
  • Example: Hi Sis! I like that you are driven and dedicated to reaching your goals

MY TAKE

I've been saving this Self-Improvement Challenge for a rainy day and this week seemed like the perfect time to use it. I'm all about random acts of kindness, instead of blessing a stranger, reach out and make someones day that you already know. I can't wait to get started on this one. I might do a few a day just because I love making people smile. Spreading love makes my heart sing, it's why I was put on this earth. 
Peace & Love, Mary

 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *