Homemade Chicken Mole & DIY Chirstmas Gifts

/
0 Comments


Hello Friends!!!

Last night was pretty amazing. I made one of the best meals of my life. My boyfriend is still ranting and raving about it. I can't wait to share it with all of you.

Lets talk Healthy Cooking 

Easy and Delicious Chicken Mole


1/2 cup Brazil Nuts
1 garlic clove coarsely chopped
1 (14-1/2oz)can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 small red onion coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8(5-ounce) skinless chicken thighs trimmed
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves




Combine nuts and garlic in food processor and process until nuts are finely ground. 
I don't have a food processor, my blender did the trick


Add tomatoes, onions, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper
Pulse until smooth


Spray medium Dutch oven with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add chicken season with a little salt and pepper and cook, turning frequently until golden brown; about 10 minutes
 Transfer chicken to plate


Add tomato mixture and broth to pan, make sure to stir in the burned browned bits in the bottom of the pan, they add flavor. Stir for 5 minutes then add chocolate and cook, string frequently until melted, about 4 minutes. 

 Return chicken to pot, simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and shredding, about 30 minutes.  When done add cilantro leaves

 
I added:
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 extra teaspoon chili powder
1 extra teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
for extra flavor, it needed a kick 

Enjoy this mole with warm corn or whole wheat tortillas, light cheese, and shredded cabbage.


Per serving:
1 chicken thigh and generous 1/4 cup of sauce: 230 calories, 13g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 72mg Chol, 245 mg Sodium,7g Carbs, 4g Sugar, 1g Fiber, 21g Protein, 32mg Calcium

Since I love to cook and I'm always up for a challenge I figure this mole would be fun to make. Little did I know I was about to make the best meal of my life. 

I couldn't stop eating the mole sauce. I can not believe its low fat. There are layers of flavors with the chocolate, garlic, coriander, cayenne pepper, and smoked paprika. 

I plan on serving this dish at more than a few dinner parties. 

I hope you enjoy it!!! I know we did!!



This morning I woke up craving a tortilla. So I made this low fat breakfast treat

1 corn tortilla
1 egg
a non stick pan
cooking spray
Salt, pepper, and your favorite hot sauce
I love sriracha



Its pretty self-explanatory 
and 
it was soooo good 
as well as low fat and low calorie.
 
Lets Talk DIY Christmas Gifts

Now that we got that out of the way. I want to go over some crafty holiday gift ideas. I'm defiantly making s'more kits for most of my friends and family. I'm also planing on knitting about 5 scarfs, it's time consuming but it's worth it. What do you think about these fun gift crafts ideas?

Flavored Alcohol in Cute Custom Mason Jars


Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix with fresh marshmallows and a mini bottle of Kahlua
 
Easy pre-made cookies in a Jar
All you need to do is add wet ingredient and bake

 Homemade Gingerbread Sugar Body Scrub
I'm definitely do this one, 
if only for myself
 Pre-made Oatmeal Jars, 
just add water and enjoy

I think I'm going to make all these DIY gift ideas, so no friends will get the same thing. Time flies this time of year, so I'll be getting together all of my supplies starting tomorrow. I can't wait to try everything. 

What's your favorite???   
Do you have any suggestions???
Would you try any of these on your own???

 
That's all today folks
Blessings my friends
Mary


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *