Szechuan Beef & Broccoli Rabe and Bean Soup

/
0 Comments
I'm trying to post at least 1 healthy meat recipe a week. I featured this recipe last year and its still a winner. I tweaked it a little bit and its better than ever. Enjoy!



Szechuan Beef


1lb Skirt steak cut in thin strips
1 egg white
1 tbs cornstarch
4 tbs soy sauce (low sodium)
2 onions
2 pressed garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 jalapeno
1 small leek
1 piece of fresh ginger
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp fish sauce
oil for frying
sea salt
pepper

*Step by step picture instruction below

  • Cut beef into thin slices
  • Mix egg white with cornstarch and 1 tbs of soy sauce 
  • season with salt and pepper 
  • marinate beef in this mixture
  • Peel onions and garlic - cutting the onions into fine rings
  • Clean, wash, finely chop the peppers and jalapenos
  • Clean and wash leek and cut into thin strips
  • Peel and chop the ginger 
  • Mix brown sugar, remaining soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce and put aside
  • Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick pan 
  • Stir-fry beef at high temperature
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Take out and put aside
  • Heat oil in pan and add onions, ginger, garlic, and the rest of the vegetables
  • Stir-fry at a high temperature
  • Add meat to mixture
  • Pour in sauce and mix all ingredients well
  • Serve immediately 
  • Goes well with rice













 I have fulfilled my promised "meat recipe" for the week 

Broccoli Rabe & White Bean Soup

I made this soup in 1 hour, but it tastes like I slaved over the stove for hours, and I already had most of the ingredient in the house

2 tbs olive oil
2 med onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves (minced)
Sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch broccoli rabe (1 pound) , chopped
2 cans (14.5oz cans) low-sodium vegetable broth
2 cups water
2 cans (15.5oz cans) cannellini beans, drained
1/4 cup parsley chopped

Step by step picture instructions below 

  • In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot heat oil over medium heat
  • Add onions, garlic, and season with salt and pepper
  • Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have softened (8-10 mins)
  • Add mushrooms and stir for 2-4 mins
  • Add broccoli rabe, cook, stirring, until wilted 2-3 minutes
  • Add broth and water; season with salt and pepper
  • Bring to boil, then reduce heat to med-low
  • Cook, stirring occasionally until broccoli rabe is tender (10-15 mins)
  • Add beans and parsley; simmer until warmed through about 5 minutes 

Serve immediately
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light 
140 calories










That's all today folks
I've been posting a lot more recipes, my love for cooking has been growing and growing. Ever since I moved into this house the kitchen has inspired me to cook, experiment, and try new things. I hope you guys are enjoying the recipes. If you ever try any please send me a picture. I'll post in on the blog

Blessings Friends
Mary  


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *