Seasonal Smoothies

/
0 Comments
This weeks nutrition challenge is to consume at least one smoothie a day. 

I nourish my smoothie fix in the morning, its just as satisfying as my daily oatmeal regiment. I'm really talking my own advice to heart and I'm doing my best to eat seasonally. The smoothies featured below have at least one seasonal ingredient.

*Seasonal ingredients are highlighted


I've already shared the benefits of drinking smoothies with all of you, so let just jump into the good stuff


Asparagus + Apple Smoothie
1/2 cup asparagus
1/4 cup green apple
1/4 cup frozen or fresh pineapple
1 tbs honey or agave
1/4 cup water or almond milk
*Blend into smooth
**Drink immediately for optimal nutritional value 



Grapefruit + Broccoli Detox

1 large ripe banana
1 cup broccoli
1/2 red grapefruit
1/2 cup almond milk
*you can replace the grapefruit with an orange  
*Blend into smooth
**Drink immediately for optimal nutritional value

Beet + Carrot Detox

1 carrot peeled and sliced
1 beet peeled and sliced
1/2 cup grapes
1 tangerine peeled
1 slice ginger
1/2 cup green tea
*steam carrot and beet until jut tender, about 10-15 minutes, let cool
*Blend into smooth
**Drink immediately for optimal nutritional value

My Morning Regular


1/2 avocado
1 small apple
1/2 cup strawberry
1/2 cup pineapple fresh or frozen 
1/2 cup spinach
1 tbs honey
1 scoop protein
1 tbs cinnamon

I don't like frozen fruit. I purchase a lot of produce and 2 out 5 baskets of fruit have some sort of mold, bugs, or grossness on them. I don't trust anyone other than myself to wash my fruits and veggies to my liking. 

I used this excuse to avoid making smoothies for a while, then I realized I could make my own frozen fruit. It was as simple as cutting fruit, portioning them out, and freezing them. When its time to make my smoothie in the morning I just grab my bag of freshly frozen, well washed fruit and add them to the blender. 



**Another convenient idea is to freeze all of the ingredients of your smoothie in a plastic bag. That way you take all the fuss out of making a smoothie. Just add the frozen pre-mixed smoothie add your favorite liquid and blend to perfection. 

That's all today folks
Have a great day!
Blessings
Mary 

#smoothies #seasonalsmoothies #healthyeating #evolvewithmary







You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *