Cheap & Easy Easter Recipes

/
0 Comments
Easter is around the corner, so today I'm sharing some Easter themed recipes. I can't guarantee that all of them are healthy, but they are inexpensive, easy to make, and super tasty. 

Kale Balls

1/2 cup yellow onions chopped
2 tbs olive oil
4 packed cups kale
1 large scallion
1 egg
2/3 panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 370 degrees
Saute onions in olive oil until soft and translucent

Add Kale to pan and saute until it wilts, around 2-3 minutes

Place kale and onions in food processor and pulse a few times

Transfer mixture to big bowl add eggs, breadcrumbs, scallions, and Parmesan cheese
Season with salt and pepper to taste


Mix with spoon until well combined
Use tbsp measuring spoon scoop and shape into balls with hands

Place balls on parchment paper lined cooking sheet

Bake for 15 minutes
Turn oven to broil to brown

I found this recipe on my favorite blog and just had to try it. They got rave review from my boyfriend even though they taste uber healthy. I love these little balls, I'll be making them a lot is summer, perfect snack size. 

They are also cheap!
I spent less than $10 on all the ingredients

Cheesecake Filled Chocolate Eggs
makes 6-8 regular sized eggs - adjust the amount of your filling depending on how big your eggs are

6-8 hollowed out chocolate egg shells they can be found at Sees candy, Costco, or Amazon.com
5oz cream cheese softened
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup thickened/heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup confectioners sugar, shifted 

For Yolk
1 passion fruit 
1 tbsp apricot jam
1 tbsp unsalted butter
passion fruit can be replaced with 2 tsp fresh squeezed mandarin juice, or mango/peach nectar

Use a small serrated knife and carefully remove the top of eggs 
*heating the knife under warm water will make it easier but might take aways some of the jagged edges


Place chocolate eggs in fridge and keep chilled while making filling

*do not use paper egg carton, buy egg cups or plastic egg holder, I used the plastic egg carton the eggs came in



Place cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice, vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat on high until mixture is smooth and fluffy - about 3-4 minutes




Set aside and carefully whip the thickened cream in separate mixing bowl to stiff peaks, watch closely as it thickens - cream is very easy to over whip and split



Use whisk, gently combine whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until its smooth



Carefully spoon or pipe mixture into prepared chocolate shells



Chill eggs for at least 30 minutes to allow time to set 



Prepare passion fruit sauce

Strain passion fruit pulp and remove seeds
I used 1 tbsp mandarin orange juice instead


Place in a small sauce pan with apricot jam and butter



Gently heat on low, whisking until butter melts and the mixture is smooth



Remove from heat and allow to cool

(if apricot jam is chunky strain sauce now)


Place in fridge and chill until thickened slightly
 


Using a small spoon or carefully scoop out a hole in the center of each cheesecake filled egg about 1 cm deep and wide



Fill hole with passion fruit sauce and put eggs back in fridge to chill again for at least 30 minutes



Remove eggs from fridge about 10 minutes before saving



Can be made 2-3 days in advance



Keep eggs in fridge in a holder inside an airtight container or covered tightly to prevent from drying out



Recipe found at www.raspberricupcakes.com

When I saw this recipe I couldn't wait to try it and it was easier than ever. They are tasty and satisfying.
Plus they were super cheap to make, I only spent $15 on all the ingredients

Dutch Eggs

1/2 pound ground turkey
salt and pepper to season
5-6 boiled eggs
2 eggs beaten
1 egg (not beaten)
green onions, chopped
Italian breadcrumbs


Boil eggs and allow to cool  - Peel eggs
Combine turkey seasoning, green onions, 1 egg

measure out 2 tbs of ground turkey and cover the boiled egg
this process can be slightly annoying so take your time and don't give up 


Dip meat covered in beaten eggs and cover with breadcrumbs

Place on wire rack and back for 30-45 minutes until meat is done

Enjoy!

I grew up eating Dutch eggs, but since I no longer eat meat I haven't had any in a while. Since I'm trying to incorporate more meat into my recipes I figured this is recipe was perfect for Easter. 

I spent $10 on all the ingredients

That's all today folks
I hope ya'll are enjoying Easter week, tomorrow I'm featuring fun Easter themed DIY nails. 

Blessings Friends,
Mary 




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *