Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Challenge Monday 

Fitness challenge 
Take the stairs / Run those stairs

Challenge Synopsis
  • I challenge you to take the stairs as much as possible over the next week 
  • If you have stairs go up and down 10 times everyday this week
  • If you don't have any stairs go out in your community and find some 
  • Spend your lunch break walking stairs, find school bleachers, or hidden stair cases in your neighborhood
Why Why Why
  • Taking the stairs instead, of the elevator, helps you burn extra calories throughout the day 
  • Stairs aid in weight loss & tone leg muscles while improving endurance
  • You don't need a gym membership, stairs are free
  • Running stairs can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time
  • A 185 pound person can burn up to 350 calories in 30 minutes
Materials
Stairs

Direction
Find some stairs
Go up and down at least 10 times
If you are a beginner take it slow and steady, hold on to the hand rail and stop and you need to 
If you want a super charged challenge my stair climbing variations 

Basic Stair climbing  


Wide leg
Targets outer and inner thighs, glutes (booty), & calves



Get low
Targets glutes (booty), hamstring, quads & calves



2 Steps Kick-backs
Targets glutes (booty), hamstring, quads & calves



My Take 
I am an avid stair runner, it helps keep my lower body toned and tight. It's a fun way to add some variety to my workout while seriously challenging and improving my endurance. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do. 

Nutrition Challenge


Challenge Synopsis 
Eat seafood as protein 3-4 days this week

Why Why Why
  • The government recommends eating seafood as protein at least 2 times a week
  • It's crab season!!!
  • Seafood is lower in fat than most other sources of animal protein
  • Seafood is a superfood, packed with omega-3 fatty acids
  • Fish is heart healthy and can prevent heart disease and certain types of of cancer 
Material
  • Your favorite type of seafood 
  • Remember it's crab season 
Directions 
  • Eat seafood as protein at least 3-4 days a week this week
  • Order or prepare it seamed, grilled, baked, smoked, or broiled 
  • Avoid fried seafood
  • Get creative, eat smoked salmon at breakfast, opt for a green salad and a piece of grilled fish for lunch, and roast a crab for dinner 
  • *I'll be posting some simple, healthy and delicious seafood recipes this week
My Take 
I have been a pescatarian, eating fish but no meat, for the last 3 years and have never felt better. I can't wait to share some of my yummy recipes, you will not be disappointed. 

Self Improvement Challenge
Finalize your Holiday Gift 
list this week 


Challenge Synopsis 
Make your list and check it twice

Why Why Why 
  • Giving gifts is therapeutic and makes you feel good 
  • Giving gifts promotes social connection and makes others feels special 
  • By making your list early you have more time think about your love ones and what they might like 
Materials
  • Pen & Paper
  • Writing applications 
Directions 
  • Find some quiet time this week
  • Make a list of everyone you plan on giving gifts to
  • Try thinking of fun, creative gifts for each person
  • Now make your list and check it twice 
My Take
I've been working on my Christmas list for the last few weeks, this week it's time to finalize it. Making your list this early should help eliminate last minute shopping and allow you to give more thoughtful gifts. 

That's all today folks,
Mary






You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *