DIY Detox Tea & Hot Chocolate Mix

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends!

I'm back in action and ready to attack. I successfully put together over 300 DIY Christmas presents. It was a huge undertaking but I pushed through and I'm thrilled with the outcome. Now I have the daunting task of handwriting holiday cards and shipping everything off by Friday. If I wasn't organized I wouldn't have been able to pull this off. Thank God for lists and my math skills, I did more math equations this week then I've done in years.

I made:
60 Mason Jar Cookies for Santa mix
60 Mason jar Hot Chocolate mix with homemade marshmallows
60 s'more kits with homemade graham crackers and marshmallows
60 mason jar herbal detox tea
60 peppermint, gingerbread, and almond sugar scrubs
30 bags of homemade almond brittle 

I can't believe I actually pulled everything off. 

Today I'm sharing the recipes to my detox tea and Hot Chocolate mix 

Both of these projects were made in mason jars for easy assembly. Make sure to layer your ingredients, it looks super cool when your done.



This herb tea is actually tasty, with a little honey 
 
I purchased all of my herbs from local Good Earth Store, you should be able to find everything at your local bulk herb store.

I also included 4 empty tea bags just to make it easier on peps

Place 2 tablespoon of each herb in a pint sized mason jar

Dandelion Root
  • Used for loss of appetite, upset stomach, intestinal gas, gallstones, joint pain, muscle aches, eczema, bruises, increase urine production, laxative, skin toner, blood tonic, and digestive tonic 
  • Likely safe for most people when used in amounts commonly found in food 
  • Use caution if pregnant and or breast feeding 

Burdock Root
  • Used to increase urine flow, kill germs, reduce fever, purify blood, treats colds, cancer, anorexia, nervosa, gastrointestinal complaints, joint pain, gout, bladder infections, complications of syphilis, acne, psoriasis, high blood pressure, hardening of arteries, liver disease and increased sex drive 
  • Safely used as a food in Asia
  • Use caution if pregnant and or breast feeding 

Orange Peel
  • Used to increase appetite, reduce phlegm, treats colds, coughs, intestinal gas, acid indigestion, and cancerous breast sores. Also used in treating kidney stones, high cholesterol, and preventing high blood pressure, prostate cancer, and stroke.
  • Safe for most adults
  • Use caution if pregnant and or breast feeding 
Hibiscus Flower
  • Used to treat loss of appetite, colds, heart, and nerve diseases, upper respiratory tract pain and swelling, fluid retention, stomach irritation, and disorders of circulation; for dissolving phlegm, as a gentle laxative, and as a diuretic to increase urine output
  • Safe for most people, possible side effects are not known 
  • Unsafe to take during pregnancy and breast feeding 
Rose Hips
  • Used to prevent or treat colds, flu, and vitamin C deficiencies, stomach disorders, diarrhea, constipation, gallstones, gallbladder, ailments, lower urinary tract and kidney disorders, fluid retention, gout, back and leg pain, diabetes, high cholesterol, weight loss, high blood pressure, chest ailments, fever, increasing immune function during exhaustion, increase blood flow to the limbs, increasing urine flow and quenching thirst 

Milk Thistle Seed
  • Used for liver disorders, loss of appetite, heartburn, gallbladder complaints, diabetes, hangover, diseases of the spleen, prostate cancer, malaria, depression, uterine complaints, increasing breast milk flow, allergy symptoms, and starting menstrual flow
  • Milk thistle is likely safe for most adults, sometimes causes a laxative effect, less common side effects are nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, intestinal gas, bloating, fullness or pain, and loss of appetite. Avoid use if pregnant and or breast feeding 
Cinnamon Stick
For taste 



1/2 cup non-fat powdered milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup raw cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Layer ingredients in the order listed above for visually effect and man does it look classy


That's all I have for you guys today 
Peace & love, Mary









You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *