Almond Brittle

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,


I'm in Washington DC with my family having a wonderful time. It's been raining all day and the forecast calls for snow on Christmas Day, I'm pretty excited about that. I can't wait to give everyone their presents, I feel like an elf.


I shipped 15 gifts off last Thursday. I packaged up all of my DIY goodies, gathered everyones address and headed to Fedex. I got my favorite employee who spent the next hour and a half double checking each address and making sure he got me the best rate possible. I've been getting calls and texts of appreciation all day. I'm so happy people appreciate the my handmade gifts, it warms my little crafty heart.

Today I'm sharing my almond brittle recipe. I've never been a fan of any kind of brittle. The fact that it's pure sugar freaks me out plus it always seems to get stuck in my teeth. The flavor and texture of this particular brittle is it's saving grace. 

I gave most of the brittle away in fears that I would eat every last shard. 

The recipe is very simple, easy enough for a beginner to complete then devour.


Recipe adapted from www.food52.com

food/candy Thermometer
1-1/2 cups roasted almonds
1 cup cane sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter or Earth 
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup corn syrup
Garnish with sea salt or cayenne pepper


Butter a cookie sheet and set aside 
Place nuts, sugar, syrup in a heavy sauce pan over medium-low heat 




Stir mixture making sure the sugar doesn't burn, use thermometer and wait until mixture is 300 F - it should take about 8-10 minutes
mixture will turn from sugar to liquid to a thick bubbly liquid


Once mixture reaches 300F quickly remove from stove add butter & baking soda 
*add cayenne pepper if you want a spicy brittle 
Pour mixture onto baking sheet
Garnish with sea salt and let cool

Use knife and mallet or meat hammer 

That's all today folks!
Peace & love,
Mary






You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *