Challenge Monday/Tuesday

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends

Today is Challenge Monday Tuesday 


Fitness Challenge

I challenge you to complete my Abdominal 

Challenge 5 days this week





Challenge Synopsis
  • Complete my Abdominal Challenge 5 days this week
  • Do 25 reps of each exercise at a medium to fast pace
  • You should work up a small sweat
  • Try not to rest in between exercises
  • Drink plenty of water this week

Why Why Why
  • Without proper strength and conditioning of all core muscles injury, aches, and pains can occur more frequently
  • The core of the body is responsible for supporting the back, spine and shoulders
  • Strength and power ordinate at the core of the body, when the trunk, torso, and pelvis are strong and stable, power is transferred to all other muscles
  • Core fitness exercises support proper posture
  • Strengthening the abdominal muscles allows the weight of the upper body to be evenly distributed over the front and back improving balance  

Materials
  • Exercise mat or big towel  
Directions

**REMEMBER ALWAYS KEEP YOUR CORE CONTRACTED**











My take
Since I'm heading to Miami in a few weeks I'm trying to get my mid-section as tight as possible. This challenge is going to get me where I'm trying to go.

I swear by this abdominal challenge, I know it works, I'm living prof. 
I did this challenge for 30 days, no breaks, no mercy, and I am flabbergasted at the results. 



Nutrition Challenge


I challenge you to consume produce that is 

currently in season


Challenge Synopsis
  • Eat produce that is currently in season for the rest of the week
  • Vegetables in Season:
    • arugula
    • asparagus
    • beets
    • broccoli
    • brussels sprouts
    • cabbage
    • carrots
    • cauliflower
    • garlic
    • fennel
    • kale
    • leeks
    • lettuce
    • mushrooms
    • mustard greens
    • onions
    • parsnips
    • pea-shoots
    • radishes
    • scallions
    • spinach
    • sprouts
    • sun-chokes
    • turnips
  • Printable chart of vegetable seasonality
Why Why Why
  • When produce is in season, the abundance of the crop usually makes it less expensive, especially at farmers markets
  • In season produce is naturally more flavorful 
  • Produce grown in its proper season, under the correct growing conditions, exhibits all of its natural nutrients
  • Seasonal fruits and veggies don't have to endure as much travel, so they don't loose those vital nutrients
  • Since seasonal vegetables don't travel as far to reach their destination you can reduce your carbon footprint
Materials  
  • In Season Produce and some imagination
My take
Right now I'm on a seriously healthy diet to ensure I look great in my bikini. I'm making sure to eat double the amount of vegetables then I usually do. To make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck, I try to eat seasonally. Not only is it cheaper, but the flavor from the vegetables are exponentially enhanced. 


Self-Help Challenge



I challenge you to put someone else up to the 

challenge


Challenge Synopsis
That's right friends, I'm turning the tables on you guys.

Create your own challenge, (i.e. weight loss, fitness, spending time with family, hanging out with friends, saving money, etc) compete with one of your like-minded friends, co-workers, or family members.  

Why Why Why
  • Competition is not only healthy, it's also a positive way to grow
  • Setting challenges and competing with a friend, can motivate you to finally get out of your comfort zone 
  • You will gain more competing with a friend then going at it alone


Materials 
  • A like-minded friend, relative, co-worker...
  • Your imagination
My take
I don't have many friends, the friends I do have support me and all of my endeavors.

I have one friend that keeps me on track with my relationship, she makes sure that I'm not neglecting myself or my man.

I have another friend that keeps track of my career goals and aspirations. She constantly asks me what I'm working on, and if she can help.

I have another friend that likes to talk about fitness issues with me.

All of my friends play an active roll in my success. If I didn't have people holding me accountable, I might let some things slip through the cracks. But because I don't want to disappoint any one of them, I keep moving forward, striving to reach my dreams.

I want all of you to create that kind of love and support in your life. This challenge is the first step...


That's all today Friends
Blessings
Mary 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *