Low Fat Cheesy Stuffed Shells

/
0 Comments

Hi Friends


It's raining in Northern California and I'm enjoying every drop of it. 



Whenever it rains my homemaking skills come to the surface and I enjoy cooking warm, hearty, heart healthy meals for my love ones. 



Last night I was feeling super adventurous, ready to try a new recipe that challenged my skills thus far. 

I decided to tackle Low-fat stuffed shells & cheese. 


I couldn't believe I was able to pull of the recipe, it was time consuming, at some points difficult to follow, especially since I've never had Stuffed Shells or seen it made. 

With the help of my boyfriend and his mother I successfully conquered the recipe. 



Check it out: 


Cheesy Stuffed Shells
Serves 10 (serving size 3 shells)











**THIS RECIPE DOES NOT TASTE LOW-FAT


30 uncooked jumbo shell pasta (about 8oz)
4oz (about 1 cup) 6 cheese Italian-blend, shredded & divided
8oz (about 2 cups) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly grounded pepper
1 (15oz) container part-skim ricotta cheese
Cooking spray
3 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce
3 eggs


Preheat oven to 350

Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes or until almost al dente, drain, rinse with cold water, drain

Combine 1/2 cup Italian-blend cheese with mozzarella, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, ricotta, and eggs in bowl

Spoon about 1-1/2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pasta shell

Place shells, stuffed sides up, in a 13x9inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray

Pour marinara sauce over shells

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly

Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Italian-blend cheese

Devour!

285 Calories, 13.1g fat, 6.5g sat fat, 4g mono, 0.6g poly, 17.5g protein, 24.5g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 37mg chol, 1.7mg iron, 536mg sodium, 401mg calc

 
I found this recipe in 
I never thought I would be the kind of woman to buy cooking magazines at the grocery store. While everyone else is reading the headlines of People and Us weekly, I thumbing through cooking magazines looking for inspiration for my next healthy edible work of art to share with all of you.

 
Have a great Tuesday Friends
Blessings
Mary 






You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *