Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends, 
You know what today is, lets jump in feet first

Fitness Challenge
Complete Isometric Exercises 5 days this week

Why Why Why
  • Isometric Exercises are a type of strength training where the joint angle and muscle length do not change during contraction. These exercises are done in a static position, rather than being dynamic through a range of motion. 
  • Proven to be effective in helping people maintain and achieve a fit and healthy physic
  • They require you to tense your muscles without actually moving any part of your body
  • Can be used to strengthen specific muscles groups
  • Can be performed anytime,anywhere. No expensive equipment needed
***Those who suffer from high blood pressure or heart disease should not practice isometric exercises 


Challenge Synopsis
Complete these 5 exercise holding each for 30-60 seconds, compete 3 sets of each exercise

*REMEMBER TO ALWAYS KEEP CORE CONTRACTED 

Planks
Targets: Strengths rectus, transverse abdominals, abs, erector spine, trapezius, lower back, rotator cuff, deltoids, pectorals, quadriceps, butt muscles
How to: Support yourself with forearms, toes, keep hips and head aligned. HOLD


Side Plank
Targets: Transverse abdominals, obliques, abductors, adductors, butt muscles, quadriceps, hamstrings, 
How to: Support body weight with one forearm and side of foot HOLD

**Don't forget to change sides




Wall Sits
Targets: Abdominals, quadriceps, hamstrings, back, endurance, calfs, butt muscles
How To: Find large empty wall, stand with back on wall legs about 3 feet in front of you, slide butt down wall until knees are 90 degrees or where you feel comfortable. HOLD


Wall Push
Targets: Strengths chest, arms, shoulders, and endurance
How To: Find large empty wall, stand 3 feet in front of wall facing wall, lean body towards wall with hands facing wall. HOLD


4 Point Supermans
Targets: Core strength, muscle control, butt muscles, lower back 
How To: Get on all fours, lift left leg straight out behind you, and right arm straight out in-front of you. HOLD
**Don't forget to change sides


Materials

  • Timer


My take
I know what isometric exercises can do to a body, not only will it strength your overall physic, they also challenge endurance and core strength. When I add isometric exercises to my routine I notice my stomach is flatter and my endurance is always tested. 


Nutrition Challenge
Take pictures of every meal 
for the next 7 days


Challenge Synopsis
Take pictures of every meal for the next 7 days. 
Send pics to friends, post on this blog, email pics to evolvewithmary@gmail.com , send them as a snapchat or post them on facebook or instagram using #flashchallenge

Why Why Why
  • Change and take notice of the way you eat by taking pictures of your meals before you devour them
  • Nobody wants to take pictures of fatty foods and send them to friends or post them on line, it will help hold you accountable for what your putting into your body
  • Make it a fun thing to do with friends, helping each other stay in on track 

Materials
  • Phone or digital camera

Directions
  • Choose 1 friend or a group of friends who can receives texts on their phones
  • Take pictures of everything you eat for the next 7 days
  • Send pics to friends or post them online 

My take
The first step, when I get a new personal training client, I ask them to complete is a food journal. This journal shows me what you eat on a daily basis and it also shows the client when and where their calories are being waisted. I find that people can loose up to 5 pounds just by keeping track of what they are consuming. 


Self-Help Challenge
Journal Writing
Challenge Synopsis
Write in a journal for the next 7 days

Why Why Why
  • Improve self-awareness, self-reflection, and self-clarity
  • Improves your health *people who write about their deepest thoughts and feelings surrounding upsetting events have stronger immunity to negative events
  • Reduces stress *once your have journal(ed) about an event it's easier to let go 
  • Powerful form of expression that can give you clarity and release
  • Helps you feel calmer and spiritually at easy 

Materials
  • Fancy journal, empty note book, random pieces of paper clasped together, journal writing app, any writing app,  
  • Pen or pencil  
Directions
  • Write about anything that comes to mind, something that made you mad, something that makes your happy, write whatever comes to mind
  • After 7 days read your journal and see how far you have come in just a week


My take
I've been writing in a journal since I was 10 years old, I even have some of my old journals in my possession. I've worked through some of the hardest times in my life by journal(ing). Ou are  able to say exactly what I feel without worrying about what others think about it. 

When I feel mad, alone, and empty I pull out my phone or journal and write how I'm feeling or what I want to say to someone. It's therapeutic to get it out on paper or on my phone, it's a release that I couldn't live without. 



That's all today folks
Have a wonderful Monday
Blessings,
Mary 

References:




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *