Watch those Calories

/
0 Comments
I eat out a lot, I mean, a lot, a lot. Sometimes its 7 days a week, and sometimes its 5 days; whatever the number, eating out is something I enjoy, and look forward too on a daily bases. Yet, it’s almost impossible to stay on my diet while eating out. With my favorite comfort foods on call at my request it’s hard for me to order healthy, all the time. I will admit I have a lot of discipline, but I am also very weak. Today I’m going to share some of my tips on curbing your calories count while dining out. I hope they are helpful.  


Eat good 80% of the time,
Eat what you want the other 20%

  • Ask for dressings and sauces on the side
 People are always shocked when I tell them I eat my salad dry, no dressing. No, it doesn’t taste GREAT; but I feel like a calorie saved on salad dressing is a calorie saved for dessert.
  • Skip the mayo
  • Consider an appetizer or side dish as an entrĂ©e, 
This is one of my favorite tricks. Sometimes restaurants like to fill the plate, and if it’s in front of me I will usually eat it. By ordering an appetizer or side dish you are guaranteed a smaller portion.
  • Skip anything extra-large or super sized
I lived on Super Sized Fries. Where did they go?
  • Choose grilled or oven-roasted, over fried foods
  • Drink more water with your meals
  • Put the fork down after every bite
  • Use your bread plate for a dinner plate, if you are eating family style
I do this at home! If I have a smaller plate my plate fills up faster and I’m more likely to eat less
  • Watch out for loaded salads, they aren’t always low-calorie
Look out for fried wontons; heavy salad dressings, butter soaked croutons, and fried proteins on a salad.


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *