Abdominal Monday

/
0 Comments
  
Ab-dom-inal Mondays!!!  Ab-dom-inal Mondays!!! 
 6 pack by sum-mer!!! 6 pack by sum-mer!!!

Happy Monday my friends!
The body is an interesting thing. It is “my time of the month” and I am retaining water. I killed all my workouts this week, and even made it to 3 bikram yoga classes, which usually helps with water retention. My abdominals feel stronger, and my stomach seems to be flatter, yet it looks like I have been snacking on French toast all week.
Oh well, it is what it is, hopefully next week we will be able to see actually abdominals.

Here they go:



I pray that I am not going backwards. 

*Try Bikram Yoga.
Bikram Choudhury created Bikram yoga, he adapted this style from traditional hatha yoga techniques, and it became popular in the 1970s. The yoga class is exactly 90 minutes and consists of 2 sets of 26 postures.  Bikram yoga is practiced in a room heated to 105 degrees with 40% humidity. It is the most popular form of Hot Yoga. I enjoy bikram because it’s a challenge, it’s HARD, and it’s torture, good torture, the kind your body needs. You sweat like your in the desert, and you stretch every ligament in you body; but when its over, and your lying on your wet towel in an 105 degree room you have a sense of pride in yourself for sticking it out, and completing the workout. I use it as cardio, when I need a good stretch, or for a quick slim down workout. You sweat profusely which I love, and I find that I always look a little smaller after class, which is a plus plus.   



Top 5 Benefits of doing Planks

-       Planks work your upper abs, lower abs, oblique, and lower back.
-       Planks build strength for pushups
-       Planks promotes good posture and helps prevent back injuries
-       Teaches your abs to stay contracted in a regular standing position!!!!
-       Planks build the Stabilizer muscles, which makes your abdominal look contracted at all times.

 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *