Happy Hump Day Recipes

/
0 Comments
-->I am an eater! I love to consume food, all kinds of food, Mexican, Italian, Southern Cuisine, Thai, you name it, I like it. I don’t have a problem with eating at all. I do have a problem with finding tasty low calorie recipes to make at home.

I am on a mission to cook, edit, and consume low calorie recipes at least two to three times a week. Eating in is cheaper, and cooking can be an adventure.

Today I’m featuring:


Shrimp With Creamy Orange-Chipotle Sauce


Ingredients

2/3 cup half and half            
208 calories in 2/3 cup of half and half
1 large chipotle chile, canned in adobe sauce  
The can I purchased had 10-15 small chilies, I used 3
1 teaspoon grated orange rind           
 I usually skip rinds, but the orange rind added dimensions of flavor
cooking spray
            I used olive oil cooking spray
1 ½ pounds peeled and de-veined large shrimp
¾ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Hot Cooked Linguine
            Regular linguine Vs wheat linguine, 
-Regular linguine has 220 calories, 1.29g fat, and 42.95g carbs,
-Wheat linguine has 100 calories, .5g fat, 21g carbs.
I went with the wheat linguine, and it tasted like the real thing. 

Preparation
  1. Place first 3 ingredients in a blender, process until smooth
  2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add shrimp.
  3. Coat shrimp with cooking spray, sprinkle with cumin and salt
  4. Sauté 4 minutes or until shrimp are done stirring frequently
  5. Transfer shrimp to your serving plate
  6. Reduce heat to medium, add half and half mixture to pan and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly
  7. Pour sauce over shrimp, sprinkle with cilantro
  8. Server over linguine, if desired.

I followed the recipe until it came to number 7. 

Instead of pouring the sauce over the shrimp and sprinkling it with cilantro, and added the cook linguine to the half and half mixture, making sure the pasta soaked up all that flavor.

Then I add the shrimp + cilantro and let it simmer on med-low for 3-5 minutes, mixing well, until sauce coated the linguine.



This turned into one of the easiest recipes I've tackled. The flavor is excellent, and the calorie count is low. Try it out and let me know what you think! 


Original recipe by: Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast, Oxmoor House 2009

Adjusted with Love by: Me!


Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
Calories:  186
Calories from fat: 30%
Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 3.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
Protein: 28.3g
Carbohydrate: 2.6g
Fiber: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 267mg
Iron: 4.3mg
Sodium: 494mg
Calcium: 97mg 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *