Happy Hump Day Recipes!

/
0 Comments
  -->

I am on a mission to cook, edit, and consume low calorie recipes at least two to three times a week. Eating-in is cheaper, and cooking can be an adventure.  These recipes don’t taste low calorie at all.


Today I’m featuring:


Honey Roasted Chicken



Ingredients

1 large parsnip – peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch lengths
                  A parsnip looks like a yellow carrot
1 large white turnip – peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
2 small red onions – cute into 1-inch-wide wedges
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4 each bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks and thighs
1 tablespoon honey
3 firm ripe Bosc pears - halved, cored and cute into ½ inch thick wedges
I left out the pears, it didn’t sound appetizing to me         

Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. On large rimmed baking sheet (or two small ones) toss parsnip, turnip, and onions with vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, and ½ teaspoon thyme; season with salt and pepper.
  3. In a small bowl, combine parsley and remaining ½ teaspoon thyme; season with salt and pepper
  4. Carefully slide fingers under chicken skin to loosen
  5. Spread parsley mixture under and on top of skin
  6. Push vegetable to edges of baking sheet; place chicken pieces in center and roast 30 minutes
  7. In a small bowl combined honey and remaining 1-tablespoon oil.
  8. Remove baking sheet from over and brush top of chicken pieces with honey mixture
  9. Roast 30 more minutes, or until thigh juices run clean when meat is pierced.
  10. Serve immediately

This was amazing!!! The skin was crispy not burned. and the vegetables were perfectly seasoned. I have never roasted before, and after doing lots of research I realized it wasn’t that hard, not to mention everything turned out delicious.  


Try it out and let me know what you think! 


Original recipe by: Cooking Light

Adjusted with Love by: Me!
Nutrition Facts
Serving Per Recipe: 4-5
Amount Per Serving
421             Calories
15.8g             Fat
3.3g             Saturated fat
30g            Protein
41.9g            Carbohydrates
8.7g            fiber


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *