Happy Hump Day Recipes!

/
0 Comments
I am on a mission to cook, edit, and consume low calorie recipes at least two to three times a week. Eating in is cheaper, and cooking can be an adventure.


Today I’m featuring:


Farro Salad




Ingredients

2-3 green onions            
1 small Green bell pepper diced
1 small Red bell pepper diced
1 small Orange bell pepper diced
1 small jalapeño, remove seeds and diced
½ cup mushrooms sliced thin
1-cup farro
2 ½ cups salted water
Olive Oil           

Preparation
  1. Add water to medium saucepan, salt and bring to boil
  2. Add farro and bring to a boil
  3. Reduce the heat and simmer the grain with a closed lid for 15-30 minutes until tender
  4. Sauté green onions, green/red/orange bell pepper, jalapeno, mushrooms in olive oil on low heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and almost cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste
  5. Transfer farro into sauté pan with vegetables
  6. Reduce heat to medium-low, and sauté farro until brown and fully mixed in with vegetables 

I had this salad at my favorite restaurant in the San Francisco, Pesce. It is delicious and low fat, so I decided to recreate it at home. After a few trail and errors I got it to taste just as good as theirs. I hope you enjoy it

Farro is one of the oldest cultivated grains consume by humans for over 5,000 years. It is high in fiber, and protein, plus it is a great source of complex carbohydrates. 


Try it out and let me know what you think! 


Original recipe by: Pesce

Adjusted with Love by: Me!

Nutrition Facts
Serving Per Recipe: 4-5
Amount Per Serving
Calories             58.8
Total Fat            3.7 g
 Saturated Fat    0.5g
  Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g
  Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g
Cholesterol        0.0 mg
Sodium              150.9mg
Potassium          84.5mg
Total Carbohydrate    7.1g
  Dietary Fiber            1.1g
  Sugars                       0.0g
Protein                        1.1g
Vitamin A                   6.1%
Vitamin B-12              0.0%
Vitamin B-6                1.7%
Vitamin C                   8.6%
Vitamin D                   0.0%
Vitamin E                   2.85
Calcium                      0.6%
Copper                        1.75
Foliate                        1.9%
Iron                            1.3%
Magnesium                1.3%
Manganese                 2.3%
Niacin                        1.1%


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *