Happy Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
It's Challenge Monday!
Let's get to it!

Fitness Challenge
Enjoy my plank dips

Challenge Synopsis
Complete plank dips everyday this week

Why Why Why
  • I've said it before and I will say it again, planks are one of the most effect core exercises out there
  • Planks dips target your core, endurance, upper body, balance, and lower body, pretty much your entire body get a pump from this exercise
Materials
  • Will Power
  • Strength 
  • Disciple
  • Strong mind
  • Exercise mat 
Directions
Complete 4 sets 12 reps of everyday this week
*This exercise is advanced if it is too hard stick with regular planks holding them for 60 seconds 4 sets 




Staring in a plank position
Hands directly under shoulders, feet hip width apart
Engage your core and dip your hips to the right and left
Make sure to keep your hips low, they will want to hike up to make the movement easier
That's one rep

My Take
Plank dips are effective they find their way into my workout on a weekly bases. I like to challenge my balance why holding a plank and reminding myself to keep my hips down. You should love this one or at least learn to love it.

Nutrition Challenge


Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to incorporate 2-3 healthy snacks into your daily everyday this week

Why Why Why 
  • Eating healthy snacks in between meals helps curb your appetite which aids in healthy weight loss
  • Healthy snacks are natural energy booster
  • Snacking regularly helps regulate your mood
  • Eating healthy snacks can boost brain power and increase your productivity
Materials
  • Healthy snack foods like:
  • Fruit
  • Raw vegetables
  • Yogurt
  • Smoothie
  • Salads
  • Protein bars
  • Mix nuts or trail mix
  • Boiled eggs
  • Smoked salmon
  • And this list goes on and on and on
Directions
  • Incorporate a healthy snack in between breakfast, lunch and dinner...It's as simple as that 
  • Replace coffee and vending machine snacks with fresh healthy ones

My Take
I used to avoid snacking with fearing  extra food would make me gain weight. A few weeks ago I decided to give this snacking thing a try and I never looked back. Not only am I losing weight but I'm less hungry. I get to eat more and loose weight it's a win win in my book. Now get to snacking. 

Self Improvement Challenge



Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to craft throughout week 

Why Why Why
  • Studies prove crafting can help ease stress, increase happiness and improve your health 
  • Crafting helps those suffering from anxiety and depression 
  • Crafting has positive effects on the brain 
Materials
  • A few crafting tutorials  
  • A little extra time
  • A lot of imagination 
Directions
Pick out a crafting project that looks fun and tackle it
Of course I'll be posting some tutorials for all of you to try

My Take
I'm making a few Fall and Halloween themed reefs this weeks. I can't wait to get started. I found a few pictures of inspiration but I plan on making things up as I go. I'm going to do a little impromptu crafting and I'm so excited I just can't hide it. 

That's all today folks,
Peace & Love,
Mary 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *