Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Fitness Challenge 
Lay Down & Kick Those Legs

Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to complete by laying leg kick series everyday this week

Why Why Why
  • This exercise targets lower abdominals, rectus abdominal and obliques 
  • You get to lay down and kick your legs, what's easier then that?
  • This exercise series requires nothing but a comfy hotel bed or an exercise mat
Materials
  • Will Power
  • Strength 
  • Disciple
  • Strong mind
  • Exercise mat 
Directions
Laying Leg Kicks


Laying on your back, engage abdominals and extend legs straight up in the air
Bend left leg and extend it straight out about 1-2 inches from ground 
Return leg to starting position 
Now bend right leg and extend it straight out about 1-2 inches from ground 
Returned to starting position
Bend both legs and extend them straight out about 1-2 inches from ground 
Repeat series adding an extra rep until you reach 5 reps in total

My Take 
This video was painful. I had to re-shoot 5 times just to get it right. It's a good progressive workout that challenges your entire core. By the 4th rep you're ready to give up. It's strange working up a sweat while laying in bed. Enjoy! 


Nutrition Challenge
Eat Dark Chocolate

Challenge Synopsis
  • Add 2 small squares of dark chocolate to your diet everyday this week
  • Make sure it's at least 60% cocoa 
Why Why Why
  • 2 smalls squares of dark chocolate can boost your brain power, heart health, energy, enhance your mood, curb your sweet tooth and spark weight loss
  • 2 ounces of dark chocolate can decrease risk of stroke by up to 20%
  • Research shows regular chocolate eaters are slimmer then those who abstain 
  • Cocoa butter fats trigger natural endorphins 
Materials
  • Dark chocolate that contains 60% more more raw natural cocoa 

Directions
  • Eat up to 2 small squares (about 2oz) of dark chocolate daily

My Take
I am a huge fan of dark chocolate. That's the only chocolate I really enjoy. White chocolate is too sweet and has no nutritional value and milk chocolate is too creamy to me. Keeping small squares of dark chocolate around curbs my sweet tooth. This week's nutrition challenge should be an easy one to pull off. 


Self Improvement Challenge
Dance like no one is watching


Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you dance like a crazy person a few times this week

Why Why Why
  • Dancing like no one is watching allows you to love your body without worrying about looking cool and finding beat
  • Dancing relives stress and anxiety 
  • Dancing can make you feel euphoric and on top of the world
  • Dancing is an effective and fun way to burn calories 
Material
  • Good music 
  • That's all you need 
Directions
  • Put the kids and the husband/wife to  bed
  • Put on pandora or your favorite artist
  • Now DANCE DANCE DANCE! 
  • Let loose and let your body move 
  • Don't worry about how you look or your dance moves
  • Just let go and DANCE
My Take
Growing up, my sister and I always listened to the radio while getting ready for school. 4-5 days a week we had dance contests. I lived alone during most of my 20s and 3-4 nights a week I turned up some tunes and danced my little butt off. I've been in a long term relationship and my boyfriend knows 5-6 days a week I'm going to dance around the house like a total idiot. He even joins in sometimes. Dancing relieves stress, is fun and is a great workout. I hope you enjoy this weeks challenge.


That's all today folks!
Peace & Love,
Mary


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *